Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Replacing Quickstart photos

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I seem to be having a hard time understanding how to replace/add photos once the quickstart has been installed in some templates.

So far I have faced this issue with "Praise Me" and "Canvas". I did not seem to have this issue with Elevate2...

I find the directory where the photos are stored (the ones displaying on the home page), I resize the photos I want to use and add them to the folder; however, the photos do not display. My quickfix has been using the "names of the demo photos" in the new photos and deleting the "istock demo photos" from the directory. This works; however, I would like to be able to just know how to add photos without having to mess with renaming them; etc..Especially if I am planning on adding more photos than the quickstart packages currently have.

Does this make sense?

Oh yeah, also on the Praise me demo; below the photos I read
"The photography on the Praise Me demo site is from the catalogue of Leonard Metcalfe - a brilliant landscape and portrait photographer from Sydney Australia." I have been looking for this text all over the place and can't seem to find it.

Thanks A LOT for your help!

David
  • mexicanoloko
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 16 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey David, this does make sense. It really depends on where on the template you want to replace the photos, since sometimes it is the slideshow module and at other times other modules using these images.
Mostly you have to edit the articles and the images in them.

To remove the information on Len you will have to go to the module manager and find a custom module called Lens Bio published to the Gid17 position.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers