Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Change URL pointer in menu

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Got hit with the SEO stick, got a little stumper. I noticed that the home link on your site is corrected for this, and i'm not sure if this is a template issue or not, but thought I'd ask first; everyone here has been a great help in the past!

Currently, when you go to the home page from any other page on the site you will be dumped at this URL:

www.fauxiron.com/home

what we want (Because they are worried that google will see the home page and the /home link as two separate documents) is just the base URL:

www.fauxiron.com

Now I realize this has something to do with the menu system and /home is simply the menu link to the front page. But apparently Google has crawled our site from our blog and gotten fauxiron.com/home as a separate page. The menu links on joomlabamboo.com link back to www.joomlabambo.com and not /home.. how did you achive this?

Thanks for the help in advance!

PS: feel a bit bad about asking for help out of my support time, but I'm working on a new project soon and trying to get the folks in accounting to allow me to resubscribe here. :p
  • Jeff Schulze
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 45 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Jeff,

Not a problem at all.
I've recently added a fix for the extended menu module.
You can download it here
www.joomlabamboo.com/download-document/159-extended-menu-module-for-j15

Simply replace the contents of the folder
/modules/mod_exmenu-j15/
with the extracts of the zip.

Let me know if that fixes it.
Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
That did, indeed fix that. Quick, easy! Thank you very much. :)
  • Jeff Schulze
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 45 posts
You're welcome Jeff :)
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers