Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

K2 and Xmap advice

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Everyone :woohoo:

I thought I would share something regarding K2 and sitemap XMAP component

I recently updated my Grid template to accommodate K2 v2.2 and ran into problems with my Xmap site map. From changing over to K2 my site map was reduced only to categories and went from 80 index page links down to 19. In order to keep your site map functioning properly there is a plugin designed for Xmap www.mherbst.de/en/software/downloads/category/1-k2.html You cant just use the Joomla back end installer, it must be installed inside the Xmap component. There is a section to the left inside Xmap component that allows you to upload

Hope that is of some help if you notice your sitemap index links reduced due to K2 v2.2

Cheers
Craig;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Awesome man!

Installed and working well on JB!

Cheers!
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Good one...;) Glad my frustrating search for answers fixed yours :) It drove me nuts as it killed my SEO, however straight away Google indexed em all and I'm a happy camper.... K2 is excellent however another learning curve in the never ending banana.

Cheers
Craig ;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers