Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Microblog column layout question(s)

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am trying to style the Microblog extension on my site: seoul.directrouter.com/~litigati/

I have set the module to show four columns per row and have 8 articles in my category. I have asked that the pictures be resize to 85 px wide and 115 px tall with a width ration of .74 and a height ratio of 1.0 ( not sure why an actual size in px plus ration needs to be entered so that may be incorrect). I have JB Library 1.0.9 using Jquery versaion 1.3.2 min and Source - Google. Image Lazy Load is disabled.

I would like the article title and author (which can appear in the first "x" words of the article if necessary) to appear below the photograph. I don't want to show a read more or any initial text, just link to the article.

My images are resizing correctly but my rows aren't spaced right and I'm not sure where to reduce the font size of article title.

Thank you in advance for taking a look,
Don
  • donaldmoore
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 145 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi
Your articles in Microblog belong to one of K2 category. So you should go to this K2 category settings. Go to K2 componet control panel / categories, choose the right category. Being there play with the labels and settings (category view, item view, etc) You can set the view you need...
regards Tomasz
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
@Thomasz thanks for helping with this :)

@Donald the microblog css is actually missing .clear {clear:both} which is a standard in our templates but obviously needs to be added to the css to cater for instances where the module is not being used in our themes.

Just add that css rule in the css for the template or the MB and it will solve it for you.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Tomas,

Thank you but I am not using K2 and am pointing to Joomla Articles

Don
  • donaldmoore
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 145 posts
Anthony,

Thank you for your help. I'm still learning how to move around and make changes to CSS, so I have opened microblog css and see .mbClear {clear: both;}. So, I should put the same css in my template css? Sorry for the inexperienced question:). I have attached my microblog css for reference.

Don
  • donaldmoore
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 145 posts
Anthony,

Thank you for your help. I have opened microblog css and see .mbClear {clear: both;} on line 12. Should it just be in the microblog.css or in the template also? I referred to a site we developed using your wallpaper template and didn't see that line of code.

Don
  • donaldmoore
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 145 posts
No problem - we are rationalising some of the styling for MB in the next release but for the timebeing adding .clear {clear:both} to the template or mb.css will solve it.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I've attached a shot of my microblog.css where that code already appears. Does it need to be somewhere in the template css also? sorry for my misunderstanding.

Don
  • donaldmoore
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 145 posts
Last Edit: 14 years 2 months ago by donaldmoore.
You just need to add the .clear rule as stated before - perhaps add it to the mb.css - it doesnt matter where you put it so long as its getting loaded.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Its a different rule:

.clear as opposed to .mbclear :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I see a microblog.css file in my mod_microblog module folder. That css file currently has the .clear rule on line 12. Is there an mb.css file somewhere else that needs to be modified?
  • donaldmoore
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 145 posts
aha! Thank you I'll try that :)
  • donaldmoore
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 145 posts
voila! Looks much better thank you. In my original query in this thread i had one other question -

"I would like the article title and author (which can appear in the first "x" words of the article if necessary) to appear below the photograph. I don't want to show a read more or any initial text, just link to the article."

My font size on article title is too large, I'm not sure why some of the article titles are underlined, but wanted to ask for your guidance. Again thank you in advance.

Don
  • donaldmoore
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 145 posts
Thanks Donald - just posted on the other thread.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers