Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

3rd party modules on Grid template

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm trying to use a 'tag cloud' module from Flexicontent on the Grid template. I think the template imposes a certain structure on modules that consist of lists (ie latest comments, user menus), which does give the look a nice and neat consistency. Except the 'cloud' isn't supposed to be neat and it's being forced into spaces outside the module position margins, and the tags are being underlined like links. Ie, it's ugly.

Is there a way to not impose the Grid formating on the module? Or have I completely misunderstood what is going on here...and if I have, any advice where to go for clarification?

Thanks, Kathy
  • Ute E.
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 26 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
It is hard to say what is goin on without looking. Do you have a link?
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hey seth--I discovered that the margin issue (ie the tags spilling onto another grid posittion) is a problem only on safari for windows...which is what i happened to be using at the time I first published it. Safari on a mac is fine. Is there anything I can do with that besides live with it (knowing it's not a Joomlabamboo issue)

I still, though, have the same question regarding the formatting of modules. For instance on the slide, there is a line causing the latest comments to have a 'chopped up' appearance, and it forces the tag cloud into a list. Any way to make that line disappear and the tag cloud appear cloud-like again? Or that's just the way 'list' type modules appear?

I am a newbie, so nothing is intuitive or obvious for me.

site is 24nmore.com

Thanks, Kathy
  • Ute E.
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 26 posts
Hey Kathy,

The tag cloud module is picking up styles from the slider. You just need to add some specific CSS to it and it will fix the problem.
In your file
/templates/JB_Grid/css/layout.css
You can add the following
#sliderWrap ul#flexicloud li a{
border-bottom:none;
display:inline;
}

That should fix the look for you.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Perfect. Thanks much. Kathy
  • Ute E.
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 26 posts
Cool glad you sorted it :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers