Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

JB Slideshow

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I am trying to get JB Slideshow working in the Blue Flex template without success. The module is being published to user1. I have enabled the module title and that is showing up properly. However, no images are being displayed at all.

Please help.

Michael
  • Michael
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 32 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Michael,

Can you post a url for me to check it out?

Thanks Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

thanks for your help. Mod Edit.

Michael
  • Michael
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 32 posts
oops ... wont let me in :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Lets me in. All case sensitive.
  • Michael
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 32 posts
duh. sorry, I am a bit slow. The logs show that the

[Thu May 15 21:34:28 2008] [error] [client 60.241.24.213] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: height in /webroot/http/url.com.au/html/modules/mod_jb_slideshow/mod_jb_slideshow.php on line 99
[Thu May 15 21:34:28 2008] [error] [client 60.241.24.213] File does not exist: /webroot/http/url.com.au/html/modules/jb_slideshow, referer: metro.alltradersweb.com/
[Thu May 15 21:34:29 2008] [error] [client 60.241.24.213] File does not exist: /webroot/http/url.com.au/html/images/stories/fruit/first image name, referer: metro.alltradersweb.com/
  • Michael
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 32 posts
It looks like its a directory issue using J1.5. J1.5 has a different naming convention so the script references are pointing to the wrong directory.

1. Go to modules --> mod_jb_slideshow --> mod_jb_slideshow.php and open it.
2. Locate the script references around line 72.
3. change this line: modules/jb_slideshow/jquery-1.2.3.pack.js to modules/mod_jb_slideshow/jb_slideshow/jquery-1.2.3.pack.js
4. and this line: modules/jb_slideshow/jquery.myslide.js to modules/mod_jb_slideshow/jb_slideshow/jquery.myslide.js
5. You also need to change the css reference to: modules/mod_jb_slideshow/jb_slideshow/jb_slideshow.css

We should get a chance to port this to J1.5 sometime next week.

Stay Tuned,

Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
thanks. i will try this now.
  • Michael
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 32 posts
ok. that almost did it.

the error logs indicate that it is trying to load images from the "images/stories" folder even though the path in the module is set to "images/stories/fruit". Consequently it is appending file names from "images/stories" to the "images/stories/fruit" path and not finding the files.
  • Michael
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 32 posts
looks like you are missing the suffix on some of the images ie .jpg
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
no, that is from the description that i added. I will change them so that it is more obvioius.
  • Michael
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 32 posts
I added the letter "Z" at the start and end of each image description (that i added in the module).
  • Michael
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 32 posts
If you take a look at the source you'll see this:

img src="images/stories/fruit/ZcherryZ" title="Title1" alt="Alt1"

so just add .jpg to the end of the image reference and everything should start working.

Cheers
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
ok. removing access for the night. will give access again tomorrow (Aust time) if I you post again. thanks for the help so far.
  • Michael
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 32 posts
Seems to work well now. Thankyou for your help. This module shows a great deal of promise.
  • Michael
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 32 posts
Hi there,

I am trying to set up a gallery with the Fold template. I would love to use the moo mini gallery, or the Hover gallery. I have tried installing each module and have not had success with either yet. The hover gallery doesn't install properly (no back end). The mini moo gallery has the backend, but all I see on my site is the "post text" section. Nothing else appears. Do I need to set the view box setting to the main window size for fold (400 x 400)? What file type do the images have to be? Where are they supposed to reside? How much detail do I have to give for the url/directory? (/images/stories/etc) or localhost:8888/joomla/images/etc)

Thanks for any suggestions!
Rami
  • Rami Schandall
  • Free Extensions
  • 22 posts
Hi Rami,

Are you using the J1.5 version of the hover gallery?
Do I need to set the view box setting to the main window size for fold (400 x 400)?

It can be whatever size you want.
What file type do the images have to be?
They can be any image type you just need to specify when you input the file name.
Where are they supposed to reside? How much detail do I have to give for the url/directory?
Just use the relative folde so images/stories or wherever you choose to put them.

Thanks Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi there,

I've downloaded the 2.14 version of hoverbox. Is this the J1.5 version?
Please see attached image...this is what I see when I try to access the module from the module manager.

It shows up like this whether I add the css to the template_css file, or the template index file.

Rami
  • Rami Schandall
  • Free Extensions
  • 22 posts
Hi there,

I've downloaded the 2.14 version of hoverbox. Is this the J1.5 version? I don't see J1.0 or J1.5 dsitinguished anywhere.

Please see attached image...this is what I see when I try to access the module from the module manager.

It shows up like this whether I add the css to the template_css file, or the template index file.

Rami
  • Rami Schandall
  • Free Extensions
  • 22 posts
Hi there,

I've downloaded the 2.14 version of hoverbox. Is this the J1.5 version? I don't see J1.0 or J1.5 dsitinguished anywhere.

Rami
Attachments:
  • Rami Schandall
  • Free Extensions
  • 22 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers