Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Complete Noob needs help installing snapshot

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi! I'm in way over my head. :( That being said, I like swimming with the fishes, so it's okay.

I'm a complete novice to Joomla and have almost no web design experience, but I thought I'd jump in with the big boys (and girls). I have managed to install the JB Snapshot Core Plus package (yay me!), but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to install the Canvas Snapshot and sample data.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks a million!

Karen :)
  • Karen Hogue
  • Previous Member
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Karen,

Had a 'hand-holding' session with Anthony the other day on this very subject. After he beat me into submission, here is what you need to do.

1) Install either the JB Snapshot Core Base or Core Plus package (this you have already done)
2) Install the specific JB theme (this being JB Canvas - Joomla 1.5 Template) using Joomla's 'install/uninstall' option.
3) Now install the specific JB Snapshot (Canvas Template Snapshot) using Joomla's 'install/uninstall' option.

Go to your 'Template Manager' and select Canvas as your default template if it is not already set.

The cool part of Snapshot is being able to install other Snapshot themes into your existing Snapshot Core. Just follow steps 2 & 3 above using another Snapshot theme and up comes your new layout/demo content. This is something that no other template company is currently doing with their monthly offerings...

Please let us know how you are getting along with this. Believe me, it took me a little time (with Anthony's assistance) to figure this out

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Aha! That worked! THANK YOU!!!

I didn't understand that you had to install the "old" template as well as the snapshot files.

I truly appreciate the help!

Karen
  • Karen Hogue
  • Previous Member
  • 2 posts
Karen,

Glad to hear that you have it all sorted out. Had the same miss-understanding that you did until Anthony set me on the right path!

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers