Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Feel Welcome to Weigh in Everyone

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Feel welcome to go to www.spiritsdawn.com pull down the panel menu and let me know if the color is too bright.

That's all. Just wondering how many people like the shade of blue that I've chosen. Also, if you don't like, I'd like to hear that too and why.

Thanks
  • Scott Bishop
  • Previous Member
  • 53 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Scott,

It is a bit too bright for my personal taste, but taste is a personal thing. The text is clearly legible and that is the foremost concern to my mind

Cheers
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Scott,

I do not find your blue selection a distraction at all. As Seth mentioned, the text is easy to read and it does provide a separation between the site's overall look and feel. Nice work!

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Thanks Seth and Ed!

I agree Seth, it is a bit bright. The next safe web color that Photoshop Elements showed me was a more of a navy blue. It's not the exact look that i was going for but it'll do for now.

My guess is that my website will appeal first and foremost to women but I don't want it to look feminine such that it dissuades men from joining the discussion and the site. I need to walk a fine line so that the site is welcoming to all demographics. I'm sure I'll be tweaking the colors more as I go along but I need to get this thing up and running. I began this process back in March of last year and this is my third crack at it. There's much to do yet but I'm crossing my fingers that another big piece will be in place in a couple of weeks.
  • Scott Bishop
  • Previous Member
  • 53 posts
I tend to agree Scott. Id probably take a stab at using kuler.adobe.com to come up with a bright blue that matches the logo. Its a pretty amazing tool for building a pallette for something like this.

Thanks for opening it up for comment though :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers