Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Sub Menu items in "Organica"

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Am working with the 'organica' template. I need to know whether it is possible to set up the slider with sub menu items. In other words: can each menu item of the menu that sits on top of the colorful slider, have 2 or 3 sub menu items, that would also become visible, when clicked, as pages within the slider?

If this is NOT possible, is it them possible to show two or three links on a page that is part of the slider that link to another page, but will load in the same place?

So far I have only been able to achieve this on the homepage:
www.amritnam.nl , but not for any of the other modules.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jelmar
  • fluxus
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 204 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Jelmar,

I don't want hundred percent follow what you mean with this ... you can have sub, sub sub links from the superfish menu. where these links display is really related to whether you have modules published about menu item that will trigger the slider all the accordion e.g. modules published to user 1 to 3 all modules published from slider2 to slide9.

Hope that helps Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Maybe I should say it with a picture...
Attachments:
  • fluxus
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 204 posts
Hehe a picture does help.

Im still not 100% on what you mean though. Dont the slider tabs in the top right hand corner make the content appear there already?

Or is it that you want those tabs to behave like normal joomla menu items and trigger content display? That can be done but it would involve some hacking of the template. Id consider that a custom job so it might be worth sending a ticket with some details and either Jason or Jeremy can take a look for you.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony Olsen wrote:
Hehe a picture does help.

Or is it that you want those tabs to behave like normal joomla menu items and trigger content display? That can be done but it would involve some hacking of the template. Id consider that a custom job so it might be worth sending a ticket with some details and either Jason or Jeremy can take a look for you.

Thanks Anthony

That's exactly what I mean! Yes, quite right. Is actually more of a custom job. I'll send in a ticket to inquire after the price, and see if the customer would pay for it. Thanks! Jelmar
  • fluxus
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 204 posts
Hey Jelmar,

I was wondering if you wanted the slider accordion to stay or if you'd simply like to load the relevant article in the position where the slider is.
Let us know.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hey Jason,

I am not totally sure I am getting your meaning. You mean if I click one of those future to be menu items, whether the article would just load in the place that I am at that moment, or whether the whole affair should slide over to a new position.

Well, that latter option would be more elegant, esp since the client is most taken with the scrolling effect. But if it is much more work, I guess we would need to make a little cost/benefit assessment. Best would be to know both prices and timelines (very important, as he want his site up before 15 dec).

You can reach me directly at jel.on.earth(at)gmail.com

Cheers,
Jelmar
  • fluxus
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 204 posts
Hi Jelmar,

Thanks for clarifying. I'll respond to you in the ticket.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hey guys,

I have not received a quote in the ticket I made. Am I missing something?
Would like to know soon (preferably: before coming Monday), as I have a client on the other line who is basing his choice of template on whether or not this can be done and how much it costs. Would need to look for another solution otherwise.
Blessings and thanks for understanding,
Jelmar
  • fluxus
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 204 posts
Hey Jelmar,

I've updated your ticket now :)

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers