Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

videos template sugestions

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

i need to have a video and project template. Part of the site needs a secure area to show videos to former students their class videos., 25 years of video and pictures. Student/parent need to register because of confidentiality. also have different projects that are open to public. Suggestion welcome
  • Boyko
  • 12 Month basic
  • 6 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

How many students would need access? what amount of pages are you needing to manage?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
the will be approximately 25 videos, about 20-25 students each year. Over the years students have misplace DVD they were given. Would like to have them view the year online, example "Class of 2008 video" It would be nice to put all the years on an accordian.
  • Boyko
  • 12 Month basic
  • 6 posts
Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Boyko.
any suggest appreciated
  • Boyko
  • 12 Month basic
  • 6 posts
Would it just be just a case of managing access control for each different user and then creating a page for the individual or group?

With some pages being viewable by the public?

The template wouldn't manage this - this would either be using the native joomla access control or a component to manage it all.

I've not used components like this myself but will ask around or see if another member chips in

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I did find a video accordion extension. but i was wondering what the most adaptable template for adding extensions. I guess I will have to use something like the Build R template.
  • Boyko
  • 12 Month basic
  • 6 posts
Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Boyko.
With template support for extensions its hard to be certain

If its a commercial extension they should be able to advise you with problems

If you have problems we take give you a steer

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers