Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Template for shopping site

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi All, Need some help here, I have to put together a very clean site that has a quote system in place and I am looking at HikaShop, the site needs to be able to allow a client to pick a product from a number of catagories and then offer a quote for the items in the basket. It will not be a direct purchase. It will need to cope with different currencies and an area for private distributor price list.
Around 8000 small product items across a number of catagories. Its a technical product site for Science so needs to be minimalistic and not loaded with graphics other than product images.

I would really appreciate any insight into best templates to consider and any smart suggestions on how to import current list of products, all images are currently called "image" :( and all data is in pdfs on the current site but the original pagemaker documents are abvailable to me.

Appreciate any hep that can be given. Have a happy Easter all!
  • Harlequin
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 206 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

I think I'd talk to hikashop directly regarding this bit

"the site needs to be able to allow a client to pick a product from a number of catagories and then offer a quote for the items in the basket. It will not be a direct purchase. It will need to cope with different currencies and an area for private distributor price list."

I'm not sure if it do this or not

As you say you will have problems with titles being called "image" been there :( and its not fun

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
And happy Easter to you and your family :)

Cheers

JB Team :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul. I did wonder if this is a site that needed developing as a standalone but its a small company and they wouldn't necessarily be able to afford the upkeep or the development cost.
I'll get on to Hika shop and I'll post when i have a potential solution in case its of value to anyone.

Cheers
  • Harlequin
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 206 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Thanks

good luck with the project :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers