Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Blank pages with Portal template on Joomla 2.5.24

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Have a clean install of Bamboo Portal template 1.4.3 on Joomla 2.5.24 and after enabling debug on the system we see the following error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or '$' in /var/www/html/cms/plugins/system/t3/includes/joomla25/layout/file.php on line 436

This line is in a subroutine that is supposed to display sub-template (or something like that). If you comment out all the code in it, Category List type pages display, but it errors when accessing an article with an error in bootstrap.php (from memory).
  • Christine Hansen
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Christine,

I can see you are listed as a free member but seeking assistance with a members only template - can you login using your membership access please

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Christine,

I can see your status has changed - what framework version are you using

Also can I just check are you needing to use Joomla 2.5.24 for a particular reason?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

It's a little complicated but I'll endeavor to explain.

After paying a membership on Saturday, I am attempting to load this template onto 2 different sites

1. My local sailing club (voluntary work) www.wakatere.org.nz - we are attempting to upgrade this site with your joomla template PORTAL. I am working with another webmaster who is very proficient in CMS and joomla in particular.

The above site was recently upgraded to Joomla 2.5 so I downloaded the appropriate JB package and on Sunday a more technically-minded webmaster attempted to get it up and running with no luck.

2. I have a private 'work' site which runs on Joomla 3.3.3- www.christinehansen.co. - out of public viewing on www.christinehansen.co.nz/wakaportal - I have attempted to upload and install the JB Portal Quick Start package - again no luck despite trying several different sets of instructions. The site is an absolute mess now but none of it's visible.
When I log into the back end of this site (on the host's server) I can see the Portal package within my templates, but it does not appear as an option in the Template Manager when I log into the back end of the joomla component.

Regarding site 1. I am in the process of asking the hosting company to move the site to their new server which is able to run Joomla 3.3.3. This will take a couple of days probably and if this is the issue it's possibly not worth trying to do anything until then.

Regarding site 2. I have some Joomla experience, but don't consider myself an expert. I have worked with Dreamweaver for about 10 years and am just trying to move into CMS sites hence my 'work' site for practicing on, and also my limited understanding of joomla jargon.

Regards
Christine Hansen
  • ChristineHansen
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 1 posts
So point 1 relates to the error on the first post?

Can you confirm what T3 plugin version you have installed?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With point 2 and the quickstart installation did you follow either of these docs

docs.joomlabamboo.com/getting-started/how-to-install-the-quickstart-package

docs.joomlabamboo.com/getting-started/how-to-install-a-joomla-3-quickstart-package

They are the same process just for different version of Joomla (interface differences)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I should also underline that a quickstart file includes Joomla so needs to be installed to an empty folder and can not be installed via or into an existing Joomla setup

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Its 2.3.1

We have php 5.2.6. I saw a French post on the web saying 5.3 was needed so this is probably the reason.

As Christine said, we are in the process of getting the server upgraded by the ISP, so hopefully that will fix the problem. Getting to Joomla 3 will probably also help. I see the code for Joomla 2.5 is over a year old, so not a good look.

Peter Kempkers
  • Christine Hansen
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2 posts
That could do it

If not the framework then an extension would break it

With the currently version of Joomla 3 you need a minimum of 5.3.10 - I think on 2.5 also you would hit issues

I'd also not go to0 far the other way and have a advanced version of php

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers