Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Bootstrap 3 vs Bootstrap 2

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am beginning to run into problems with two versions of bootstrap colliding in the same space. Alas, J3 loads BS2 by default, and JB/T3 templates are built with BS3.

I found this Bootstrap3 adapter, which probably fixes some things, buttons primarily. It seems a useful thing to have. Has the JB team or community found a larger kit that would unify more of the things that continue to break navbars and interrupt transitions and effects?
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi David,

The template should actually be the only thing loading BS.

Is your extension also perhaps loading it?

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
joomla loads v2.3 by default, and some extensions and components only run in v 2. so for certain, important extensions are impacted.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by blueshift.
Sorry to disagree but J doesnt load it by default. The template is responsible for that.

Some extensions may load it though
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
that may be, but the boards indicate it's loading anyway (that may be template based, and you know what your templates are doing). In any event, when I empty the contents of the bs2 folder, navbars snap back into place, etc. but then i lose other functionality.

so my question remains: is there a program out there that reconciles more than just the one I've found so far, which only fixes button classes. (I can attest, it works.) A lot of plugins and components are not caught up to BS3.

I'm pretty sure some of the problems i'm experiencing as bootstrap.js , not only css.

(and I'm not in any way citing the template... it's the laggards.)
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Hmm ok. No I don't know of one that does that.

Is this one of our themes?

I'd like to see what's happening if so.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I have things busted apart while i try to troubleshoot a couple of these conflicts. i can post a link when i've got it patched up enough to send you a meaningful look.

(and the problem is a couple components key to this project which are not caught up to bs3 - the template isn't at issue, but it does get knocked out of kilter by the problem.)
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Ok - if its one of our BS3 based themes then there is a legacy mode in the admin that you can toggle on or off.

Cheers
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
no change with legacy mode - i think i might have already tried that. at the moment i think i am experiencing some js issues and the component developers are going to have a look around, because all template functions are working.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Right ok - let us know how it goes :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers