Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

ReVision - ugh

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

OK - so I'm new to Joomla. I've been able to create some basic Joomla sites, but this is my first time working with an alternate template and it's driving me nuts. I've downloaded ReVision and all associated packages. I created a subfolder under the primary domain (domain/test/) and installed the ReVision Quickstart package into it. I went through the setup, it worked just fine. The only problem was, I couldn't figure out which modules did what, so I was experimenting around with them. I realized that TinyMCE editor was no longer showing up when I would try to edit an article, and I thought "Ok, I'll just wipe it out and start over". I deleted everything in the /test/ folder, uploaded the Quickstart.zip again, unpacked it, went through the installation and now... I'm no longer getting the ReVision template listed. :/ raleighcounty.org/test/

Edit: I went back and just manually installed the ReVision template and associated packages. I'm now able to see the template, but I really need the Quickstart template and it just doesn't seem to be there.

Help?
  • Computer Chick
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 11 posts
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Computer Chick.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

This normally means the user has missed a step installing the demo data during the installation process

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Editor wise you may also want to look at installed and enabling the JCE editor rather than the default TinyMCE

www.joomlacontenteditor.net/
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks, I'll do that. I can't see how I missed a step in the installation though. It's pretty straight forward, I've done it a few times...
  • Computer Chick
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 11 posts
Right - let us know how you get on

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
You were correct - for anyone else with this problem who happens to see it, I had forgotten to check the box, something like 'Include Sample Data English' on the last installation page, just after the Database info. Sorry to bother you and thanks!
  • Computer Chick
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 11 posts
No problem :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
my 2c: that 'install sample data' button needs to be BIGGER.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Think we have changed the button option slightly on the quickstart with Joomla3 being the sole versions available for more recent templates

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: blueshift

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers