Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Deleting images from Democontent folders

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

How do you delete images from the Demo Content folders. I'm using the existing slideshows built into the templates and have added my own images but need to delete the stock ones. How do I do this?
Regards
  • Stephen Damen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 35 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

You can delete them via media manager.

Currently there is a bug with Joomla J3.3 on uploading images - it always add them to the root directory

I'm currently using the JCE editor to upload images via the article interface

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The media manager is where I am trying to delete then from. If I tick them and then click delete or click on the little cross that deletes files I have added it doesn't work on the ones that were already there. Sometimes it shows an error and says it can't delete files with characters other than letters and numbers and sometimes it does nothing.
  • Stephen Damen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 35 posts
ah in that case you will will need to delete them either by ftp or via your hosting panel

You may also be able to delete them via the JCE editor - although not sure on that

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Ok, Thank you
  • Stephen Damen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 35 posts
It worked from the hosting panel thank you.
  • Stephen Damen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 35 posts
No problem

If you have problems uploading images using the zentools separator try changing the image file separator to underscore _ rather than +

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
No Worries. I am looking at possibly using another template as well and this one Grid3? didn't have the same module options in the Grid module to change the separator that is there for the slideshow module in Ignite. so I don't know where to adjust it for that instance.
  • Stephen Damen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 35 posts
The separator option is inside the zentools module it will depend on what options you have selected in the zentools module

For some settings to appear in the module you need to populate the drag and drop area first

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers