Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

"News" menu item in Megamenu that drops down with images/links to social media

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Friends,

Here is what I want to do, and I've been fooling with the ZenSocial module but can't really get it.

I would like to add a "News" item to my main menu, using megamenu in Portal. I want the drop down to display images 100x100px of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest and have those links take the user directly to my client's pages on those sites.

Suggestions? Or do I have to create a separate News article that has those icons linked to the right pages… It would be really slick to be able to link directly from the menu!

Many thanks!
Sarah
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I'd create a module using zentools external directory option linking to those pages

loading the module inside the mega menu

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
We have a zentools and a directory article

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/tutorials/using-external-links-and-a-directory
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
And loading a module inside a menu we have this article

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/how-to-add-a-module-to-your-t3-mega-menu

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers