Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Wordpress themes in development

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to let you know that a Beta of our first Wordpress starter theme is on its way.

You can get early access here:

bamboothemes.com/

Our plan is to offer the wordpress themes as stand alone sale options at BambooThemes and also include them in the template club here.

If you use Wordpress I would love to get your feedback on this :)

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Anthony,
Thanks for sharing. Are you looking at any developments with bamboo themes for wordpress. Do you think a framework might be developed to give some options similar options as the joomlabamboo templates. Do you recommend wordpress themes that have a similar feel to joomlabamboo and T3 framework?
best...S
  • Floydie
  • 12 Month basic
  • 113 posts
Hi Floydie,

Im in discussion with a WP dev at the moment to help port ZGF4 to WP.

The bamboo shoots project kind of stalled :) Re the framework I haven't had much experience with any in particular so not sure what to advise you there. Sorry.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks Anthony. Would be interesting to see how the framework ports over to Wordpress. Would that happen at the same time that the T3 framework is introduced for WP... best... Steve (aka. Floydie)
  • Floydie
  • 12 Month basic
  • 113 posts
Hi Floydie,

"Would that happen at the same time that the T3 framework is introduced for WP"

Not quite sure what you mean by T3 framework as our more recent templates use the Zen Grid Version 4 framework

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Oh, right. Thanks for explaning. I was rather confused, I thought Zen grid was a flavour of T3 as I read previous blog posts about Joomlabamboo building upon T3.

What you are saying is that Zen Grid Version4 is a stand alone Framework by Joomlabamboo.

Am I right in thinking you are still closely linked to Joomlart in your development, or is that not so relevant now you are on Joomla 3.x?

Taking the Zen Grid over to WP sounds a great opportunity for you to grow.
  • Floydie
  • 12 Month basic
  • 113 posts
Hi Floydie,

Yes Xero was the first theme built on zgf4. It's a completely separate entity.

When Xero was released we stopped any of the influence JA had on our development.

And yes Ive been wanting to get ZGF4 to WP - in talks with a developer now.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers