Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Understanding T3 / template backend

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I posted something earlier about my struggles regarding the t3 framework. I've watched all the videos and I've even found a few others on YouTube. Unfortunately there are still several options I'm just not sure how to configure.

For example, why in the theme configuration where you can change several options do I see @primary in a field instead of a color code? What does primary and secondary mean? I know I have a lot to learn when it comes to CSS but I'm definitely not a novice.

Thank you in advance. I must say, I'm very impressed with the support here. I came from another framework which i think has caused some of my confusion. I can see the benefits of the t3 framework and how highly customizable it can be but it's a lot to figure out when you are coming from something like the Wright Framework.

Kim
  • Kim Huff
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 86 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
@primary represents a variable that is configured in the template configuration. For example, you will find a parameter in the configuration that is called Primary color. The value of that parameter is passed as variable to other parameters (by default) so you can set color in one place and use it in other parameters. You can, of course, decide to use some other color so just choose it from the color chooser and you will see that @primary will dissapear
  • mihha
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 711 posts
  • 44 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers