Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Less CSS

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this if not please move it to the correct thread.

I've been trying to learn more about Less to CSS. I've watched several videos including those on the T3 website. I don't understand the purpose of Less to CSS? How is this going to help my site? Is my template using this technology currently or does it only use it when I click on the compile button. What are the benefits? I've always just made changes to my site by editing the custom.css file.

Thanks,

Kim
  • Kim Huff
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 86 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Please check this

lesscss.org/

www.hongkiat.com/blog/less-basic/

designshack.net/articles/css/using-less-js-to-simplify-your-css3/

The purpose of LESS, for example, is easier template development. As I already explained in your other thread, you can use variables in LESS and use such variables throughout the LESS to simplify your template development and customization. It is just as in any other programming language. You can use variables, loops, calculations etc.

If you are not into a serious template development, than you can stick with the CSS and you will be perfectly fine
  • mihha
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 711 posts
  • 44 Thanks
One of the concerns I had about using t3 was I had heard the file size was so much bigger and therefore meant longer load times. I've noticed that in the Joomla back end things run slower. Would using this less to css make things run faster or is it solely for faster easier customization?

Kim
  • Kim Huff
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 86 posts
It is just for the easier customization
  • mihha
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 711 posts
  • 44 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers