Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Quickie...

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Ok! Just trying get my head around it all...

...we're going to build a J! site with e-commerce, using MijoShop.

(MijoShop is based on a standalone e-commerce solution, OpenCart - with we know well. And have developed many 'themes' for.)

Using J! & MijoShop, the look and feel of the site will come from a Joomla! template, won't it?

No need for a MijoShop/OpenCart theme at all?

I think, I've answered this question for myself, as I type - writing is good in that respect :blush:

Anyway, just to make sure, I will post this!

Thanks,

Bass
  • Bass Stewart
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 14 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
This is only the truth if MijoShop styling follows the Joomla template styling, but somehow I strongly doubt it. Such big extensions usually have their own templates and styling which you then have to match with the Joomla styling. That is the case with Virtuemart for example. You have different template for Joomla and different template (actually a subtemplate) for Virtuemart.

Why I say a subtemplate? It is because all the main parts of the page like module positions in case you use those definitions in the Joomla template are getting the styling from the Joomla template. All the other parts of the page, which are integral part of the extension, gets their styling from the extension template
  • mihha
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 711 posts
  • 44 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bass Stewart

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers