Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zentools Tabs

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm using Zentools (ver. 1.11.5 ) to display images in Tabs on the homepage. I have the "Read More..." button turned-on. Is there anyway, using the Link A option to have 2 buttons display. I'd like one button to link to the article (as Read More... does) and another linking to a different page (in this case Reservations).

Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • BWbamboo
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 218 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Not sure any body has ever asked this

You could try adding a span and then styling as a button with a link attached

I'd test it first by adding a link to a span and making sure the tags are permitted in the tag list for text - check if the link is stripped out and works

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I've added a link inside of a span and all is good. Now how do I make it look like a button? Do I add some CSS to 'Custom Code' under 'Template Manager --> Styles' or do I go into 'Template Manager --> Templates' and add something in there?

Of course, I have no idea what to add, but trial and error(s) seems to work. I trying to imitate the New Lifestyle Read More button only but with different colors.

---

Sorry, I don't mean to be wasting your time. I currently have the link and the box/button. The colors are being pulled somewhere from the site; this is most likely not a problem. But, the font color of the word "in-the-box/button" currently changes to the alternate color when the box/button changes on hover. How to I make the font stay 'white'?

---

Hold off on this for the time being. I'm stumbling my way through and I don't want to take your time. When I get closer to the finish line, I'll jump back in-here and ask for your advice.

Thanks for getting me started.
  • BWbamboo
  • 218 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by BWbamboo.
You would add any css to the custom.css file

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Now I'm ready for some help.

I have one-line of code in my main article. It displays and functions as desired.

It displays correctly on a menu item blog page as desired as well.

However, in the Zentools Tabs section, on the homepage, it displays differently. On one tab it displays a short box with "Reser", and, on another tab it displays a a long box with "Reser".

"Reser" is the label I typed in when I first started working with this...short for "Reservation".

Would you be willing to take a look and offer your advice? Should I u/l screen shots or is it best to actually go to the site?
  • BWbamboo
  • 218 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Do you have a link?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
bulaworksdev6.com

On the homepage in the Zentools tabs section: 1) Popular River Trip - Wenatchee River and 2) Washington River Rafting - Wenatchee River. Again, using the top-level navigation - Washington - Wenatchee River. And then the actual page itself.

The page itself looks fine, the version under the top-level navigation - Washington is my preferred look for the Zentools tabs.

You'll see under Zentools tabs - Washington River Rafting - Wenatchee River - that my link "reservations" spans the entire box. If it is possible to get "Read more" to do the same, I'd love it.

I'm assuming that I'll be able to deal with the colors myself, but my goal is to match the coloring on the top-level navigation - Washington - Wenatchee River (blog page).

I hope you can follow this.
  • BWbamboo
  • 218 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Right

so something along the lines of

.btn-primary {width:100%; background: #D32D24;border: 1px solid #c22921;}

Changing the colours as required - you may want to put the module id infront to make it specific to this particular module

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The code goes into custom.css? Do I need to create the folder? And, where do I create it?

The backend template manager looks different than it use too. I clicked on the button 'create overrides' and got this:

Override created in /templates/newlifestyle/html/layouts/joomla/content

Successfully created the override.

Do I need to delete or undo anything?

---

Also, where do I put and where do I find the module id?
  • BWbamboo
  • 218 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by BWbamboo.
Has the site broken?

As you don't need to create an override

You can see the module id either in module manager or via viewing the source code
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
For custom css can you check out this page in the glossary

www.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=661&id=110521&Itemid=215

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Time to "Ask the Experts" again:

This page bulaworksdev6.com/washington-river-rafting seems to work fine, except I'd like the font-color of "Reservations" to match the font-color of "Read more ...".

I've added it to the my custom.css, as such, .btn-reservations {width: 100%; color: #616e79; font-weight: bold; background: #E0E0C7; border: 1px solid #E0E0C7;}, but that doesn't work.

This page bulaworksdev6.com/ is driving me crazy, same .btn-reservation line as above, same code in both pages, <p><a class="btn btn-reservations" href="leavenworthriverrafting.com"> Reservations </a></p>, yet one page says "Reserv" and the other "Resrvations". I have tried recreating the page, changing the label "Reservations" to other words "Frogs, Crickets, etc..." with no luck. The label will change, but the number of letters that display remains at six(6). So, "Crickets" becomes "Cricke". I have no idea why this happens, but do no that "Reserv" was the shortened word I used when I started trying to do this. Is it stored in a cache somewhere that I simply need to erase?

Thanks for helping me.
  • BWbamboo
  • 218 posts
  • 2 Thanks
.btn.btn-reservations {color: #7d7d45 !important;}
.btn.btn-reservations:hover {color: #fff !important;}

Not exactly sure I have the right colours for these
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: BWbamboo
With the chopped off word try increasing the character limit on the text

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: BWbamboo
If I want to try using the module id, where would I put and what would I type?
  • BWbamboo
  • 218 posts
  • 2 Thanks
I check the source view for the id so for the slideshow it would be

zentools330

Then you a # to indicate an id then the name / number so #zentools330

If you don't mind css changes being global then you don't need the id - adding id enables the css to target specific modules

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I deleted my response. I'm sure I'll be back when I put things back in order.

Working through the problem; making progress. Don't want to abuse your time; learning, slowly, but surely.
  • BWbamboo
  • 218 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by BWbamboo. Reason: Working through the problem; making progress. Don't want to abuse your time; learning, slowly, but surely.
ah ok thanks - wondered what had happened :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Paul, I wanted to thank you for your help with this. Everything works as desired. I would have written sooner but we had an unfortunate family event.
  • BWbamboo
  • 218 posts
  • 2 Thanks
sorry to hear that

Good luck with the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers