Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

MegaMenu gone

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

At one point the MegaMenu was working just fine. When you shrink the screen size the main menu would change into a bar for displaying on tablets.

Now when the page is resized it simply disappears, the entire menu bar just gone. Resize it back to full desktop size and it's back.

Template is set to default and applied to all pages. Main menu position is set to "menu", Template manager > Navigation > Navigation style > set to MegaMenu

Seems like I double, triple, and quadriple-checked all the settings and beyond but something's missing. Even did a fresh install of Joomla and template to make sure it wasn't anything else interfering.

What am I missing?
  • Robert
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 35 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
:P Ohh yeah, see for yourself....
voltmediadesign.com/TESTING/test5/
  • Robert
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 35 posts
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Robert.
JB Type installed and enabled?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
YES! that was it!
Thank you so much, what a simple little thing.
It wasn't enabled.
  • Robert
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 35 posts
No problem

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
This is kind of related so I'll just post it here as well, it has to do with Bootstrap and coincidentally it also affects the MegaMenu. Went to Bootstrap and downloaded entire .zip library. Then uploaded it to Template>Revision>css. I got the styles and buttons I wanted but it made the MegaMenu items/links disappear all together. Curious if the two can live together... MegaMenu and bootstrap styles... well I'm sure they can just not the way I did it obviously.

View above link for example.
  • Robert
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 35 posts
There are multiple different version of boostrap so doing this will break stuff :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Think I figured out a piece of the puzzle. I was grabbing entire Bootstrap collection and putting it on top of everything. This included typography, grid system, etc.

I went ahead and just chose the buttons, progress bars, and some other elements that I needed. MegaMenu is back. Looks like the text size is still off throughout the site but I'm getting closer.
  • Robert
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 35 posts
Right but be aware that the boostrap version you are installing will be different from what the template is designed for

Lifestyle I think may be a bit different but all the other templates will be built with bootstrap 2 in mind

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers