Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

T3 v2 package

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Thank you for doing this. I just updated my first site and all is well. I updated a site with the Portal template. Now I have the T3 Framework Plugin version 2.0.2

I also have on my system the T3 Framework Package version 1.2.4 from 26 April 2013 and am wondering if this is something old that I am supposed to delete?

I guess I will post in the forum to find out. :-)
  • scarney
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The T3 package

T3 package includes T3 blank template and T3 Framework plugin (all in one) so when you install T3 package, T3 plugin and T3 template are installed .

I'd check its still actually there by selecting it and clicking the refresh cache
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you Paul,

When I went checking now within your templates pages I found the plugins alone and am installing them. So, it seems that the package is just a combination of the plugin plus the T3 blank template. If I only need the plugin should I remove the package?

I guess what is throwing me is the different version numbers. I am wondering if the T3 package is even being used by my site?

Sean
  • scarney
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
so you've checked the extension manager following something along these lines

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/how-to-find-a-version-number-of-an-extension-plugin-or-template
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes, before doing any updates I always go into the Extensions manager and write down the extension version numbers. Then I login to JoomlaBamboo to see what version is current there. I do not always update. In this case I thought to update since you had upgraded all the templates to T3 v2.

Two of my sites did just fine being updated but one is having a bit of problems with the Megamenu. :-)

Thanks, Sean

PS. I am trying to provide an image that shows the plugin and the package version numbers. I disabled the package and the site is working so I suspect the package is not needed. :-)
I have not been able to upload the .png file or a .zip file or a .jpg file.
  • scarney
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years 3 months ago by scarney.
hmm really not sure where some people have problems uploading - it seems to have occurred since the forum upgrade

Can you try in chrome?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Trying to upload the image in Chrome. It worked! :-)
Attachments:
  • scarney
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years 3 months ago by scarney.
yes - upload does not seem to work in FF; there is no submit (insert, attach) button for the file, only the submit button for the post itself.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years 3 months ago by blueshift.
thanks - it does attach for me but without the insert button but you are right it doesn't seem to work for virtually everybody else

Seems that this is kunena bug

Thanks for your input :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
You can uninstall the package

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Sean,
You can safely uninstall the old one. It can cause problems having them both installed and enabled.

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Thanks Rob,
Interestingly I just tried to uninstall T3 Framework Package 1.4.1 and got the following error messages:

Warning
Package Uninstall: Missing manifest file

Is there a manual process to remove the Package but not remove the actual Framework? Although it could be that it got removed but left behind a bit of junk. I say that because the T3 Package still shows up in the list under Manage link of the Extensions Manager. But, there is no longer a version number displaying. :-)

Thanks, Sean
Attachments:
  • scarney
  • 896 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by scarney.
Hi Sean,

A package doesn't really exist, it's just a collection of more than one extension.
It sounds like the extensions are no longer installed but the package is still registered in the database.

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers