Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Main menu is gone..

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi everyone

I was trying to set up my multiligual site, but I must have done something wrong. All of a suddon, my main menu was gone..after trying and trying, I got a menu back, but not the main menu..
Now in the (mainmenu)position, there's another menu (one of the menus I use for the sidebar in the products area). I've checked everything (homepage settings:standard, module positions,..)and I've deleted the French menu that was causing problems in the first place.

This is the link to the website: www.websitetester.be/vanisrael01.

Can anyone help me out with this? This was my last step before publishing the site for real, except for changing the homepage some more..

Stefanie
  • L&s bvba
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 197 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Stefanie,

Do you have a default template for each language?
Is the menu for each default template selected correctly in the navigation tab?

Have you followed all the standard steps for creating a multi-lingual site? multilingual-joomla-demo.cloudaccess.net/multi-lingual-steps-by-steps.html

Regards,
Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Hi Rob

I think I've followed all the right steps.

I'm using the Nebula Template and nog I have the same template for each language. Do you think the problem could be solves by having a default template for each language?
My site needs to be in Dutch and French, and all the articles are ready to be published in their own language. I followed a Joomla course and my teacher thinks that the Nebula Template may block the 'regular' way of creating the language selection/switcher. He suggests another installation in a subfolder, but then I have to do my work all over again and it contains a lot of products and articles, so I really would like to have another solution to avoid doing this work all over again.
Anyway, I'll try it again and first I will duplicate my site so that I have a backup when things go wrong..

Greetings
Stefanie
  • L&s bvba
  • 197 posts
Ok I can see this thread is open - best to carry on the conversation here I think

So can you update here rather than the other thread

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Problem solved, thank you!
  • L&s bvba
  • 197 posts
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers