Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Problem installing templates on LAMP server

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have been using JB templates on a Wamp development server for a while without too much problem. Recently I installed a LAMP server (dedicated machine running Turnkey Linux, latest Debian version) and I am having trouble even getting the templates to display. I can access the administrator area and everything there works fine except for the preview in Theme Magic. However, the website doesn't display at all. This is the case with Maxbiz, Inspire and Portal templates (I have installed the Quickstart version of each of these).

The strange thing is that if I copy the files and database to a Wamp server everything displays fine. The standard Joomla installation from Joomla itself works fine - backend and frontend.

I can also change the template of the standard Joomla installation to Portal (presumably other templates as well), and the website works properly.

I can't figure out if the problem is with the server settings (which ones?) or with some of the quickstart content or whatever else it might be.

Can you help? Please! Thank you!
  • brucebutton
  • 12 Month basic
  • 59 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi,

It sounds like it might be either a permissions/ownership (which doesn't exist on wamp) ro missing libraries in your stack.

If you turn up error reporting to max in global config what errors do you see on the front end?

Check you have the php extensions mbstring and the gd library installed.

Regards

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Hi Rob

Thanks so much for your help. The error message was:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg() in /var/www/portal/modules/mod_zentools/includes/imageresize.php on line 67

I installed a gd library in php, and that seems to have solved the problem.

Regards
Bruce
  • brucebutton
  • 12 Month basic
  • 59 posts
Great!

Thanks for letting us know.

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers