Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Intrepid Quickstart installed without data

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I installed the Intrepid template via the Quickstart package but neglected to install the data files. Can i do this after the install? How? If I have to start over, how do I uninstall Joomla so as not to overlay an existing installation?:blink:

I am using SiteGround as my host.
  • Melanie Thompson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 3 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I also do not see Intrepid in the list of installed templates...Jeez!
  • Melanie Thompson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 3 posts
Can i do this after the install? How?

Yes but it can be a ton of work!

If I have to start over, how do I uninstall Joomla so as not to overlay an existing installation?

Starting over would be your fastest approach. From your SiteGround cPanel, go to File Manager and delete all of the files/folders that were installed via the Quickstart package. Next, go to your MySQL database wizard and create a new database for the new quickstart install. Once this is done you can delete the old database and user. Finally, you are ready to FTP upload the Quickstart package and start anew!

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melanie Thompson
A quickstart can't be used if there is an existing version

I'd start again install the quickstart given the work involved to install the demo data

docs.joomlabamboo.com/getting-started/how-to-install-the-quickstart-package

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers