Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zen and T3

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi guys,

I'm a little confused as to the overlap between T3 and all the Zen stuff. As I understand, you guys produce Zen, yourself. T3, though, is produced by a third party. And all of your templates will be T3 based. So what is the relationship between the Zen stuff and T3?

Also, why does the Zen stuff only seem to work with K2? This seems especially strange (and probably naive) to me, given that Joomla 3 added much of the important stuff that was in K2, seemingly removing the need for it?

Thanks, and sorry for my ignorance,

Bill
  • notsteve
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 119 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
This may help or add to your confusion :-)
www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/template-news/sidetrack-and-fullscreen-joomla-3-templates-now-available

As for K2 and J3, there are still many features that are not in j3 like extra fields, granular control of layouts by category in addition to menu, item content type tabs like image galleries, media, and attachments, and k2 content and tool modules. However, I am trying to end my 4 year marriage to k2 as the Joomla core gets better and better. Most of my new clients do not need all the k2 features. :-)))
  • ODiN Mayland
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 818 posts
  • 10 Thanks
Thanks Jeff and also Not Steve - probably good feedback in relation to how we promote our stuff.

This is it in a nut shell/

1. Zen Grid Framework was our original framework that we used to build our themes on.
2. T3 is used for all new themes from January 2013 and some themes from before were also ported across.
3. I announced a new release of Zen Grid Framework 3 which makes it easier for us to port themes built on Zen Grid Framework to Joomla 3.
4. Zenkit is a collection of stand alone templates for K2.
5. Zentools allows the user to use Joomla or K2 content.

At the end of that it seems anything but zen but it's been a pretty complex ride for us over the last year or so.

Hope that helps.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers