Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Subtemplate logic - a 'how to' question

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

In the attached image, which shows one subtemplate, you can see how we are building out a website. Is there a way to automatically assign a subtemplate to match all items in a menu or submenu (in this case, the menu named 'SL')?

Though in this case, the client can handle module assignments and template management, I think the requirement of iterative human administrative activity multiplies the possibility of errors, especially given the presence of possibly six subtemplates.

Is there some sort of 'all pages except...' or 'always select subitems' available for such matters? (And if not...consider this a feature request.)
Attachments:
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years 5 months ago by blueshift.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I would probably approach this by loading a custom css file based on the menu item id.

So you would put a switch in the template that would load a file that looked like this:

templates/[your-template]/css/custom-$menuitemid.css

So it's certainly possible but not something we are interested in adding to our themes. You could just handle the same thing by using Joomla styles which is what that system was designed for.

If you want us to help create this for you we could do it under a two hour block of time.

Cheers
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: blueshift
Lot's of interesting ideas in your answer. Thanks.:)
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Yes certainly was :)

I learnt something

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers