Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

How to position modules?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi!

Looking at your demo scroller, it seems to have nice layout of text boxes/modules. How did you adapt the joomla CMS to have these 6 or 7 seemingly text boxes so far apart, I can seem to manage that.

Can you please provide a quick summary on how that could be done?

Thanks!

Dmitry
  • begiodasabe
  • JB Pro
  • 4 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Dimitry,

Its all set in the index.php file. You just need to set the top and left settings an equal distance apart tht is equal to or greater than the overall container size.

A typical setup might look like this:

Module 1;Top: 0;left:0

Module2: top:0;left:500px

Module3: Top:0;left:1000px etc

More from the setup post:

http://joomlabamboo.com/community-forum/scroller/957-setting-up-the-scroller-template
- Setting the co-ordinates for the scroll positions involves just nominating a top and left position. This is the amount of distance in pixels from the top and left of the container.

As an example if you wanted the modules to scroll horizontally you would use the same top position and just make the left position incrementally 10px or so more than the width of the container. eg module 1: top:0;left:0 module 2: top:0; left:410, module 3:top 0;left 820 and so on.

The same goes for having the scroller scroll vertically. Just position each module at the same left co-ordinate but change the top variable.

The background can either ve fixed or scroll with the content. This is set in the index.php file again. Choose between scrolling or fixed and then edit the respective css file ie edit the fixed.css or scrolling.css - just changing the background-image property.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks!

What I can not see to do though is to produce a module layout which is far apart, so that I could than set scroller positions.

I have the main text area, which is module one ... How can I create another text area to the far right, etc?

Thanks!

Dmitry
  • begiodasabe
  • JB Pro
  • 4 posts
Try setting module 2 to have the same top position as module 1 and then set the left position to 2000px ...

Perhaps you can send me a link if that isn't what you mean ...

Cheers Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers