Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Having trouble finding where to change content

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

First let me say I am new to Joomla and am loving it your templates! I am working with the Grid template and am having difficulty finding where to change the text in the slider menu on the main page that reads "life stream, bio, resources, about me."

What am I missing?!?
  • Branden Coleman
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 10 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Branden,

Welcome to JoomlaBamboo :) I too am a member and love these templates as well :)

The place to change these are go to extensions, template manager, JB Grid, and you will find them below Slider Height in the RH side Parameters column

Cheers
Craig;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Hi,
I know this is an relative old post, but I am having the same issue.
I found the Slider change options as you described, but where do I actually change the content displayed on the slide?

could you let me know, thanks
  • Tobias Marx
  • Previous Member
  • 7 posts
Tobias,

The information that goes inside the bottom slider panels reside in the 'Module Manager' under the module positions of; slide1, slide2, slide3 & slide4. Anything published in these module positions will show-up in the bottom slider depending where you published them (i.e. slide1, slide2, slide3 & slide4).

Hope this helps you out...

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
I feel terrible dumb, but I am very new to joomla....

I know and understand what you are saying, but I can't find the actual content that is displayed.

Is there more "deeper" digging I can do?

how do I actually publish something on slide1, 2, ...

i really appreciate it

tobias
  • Tobias Marx
  • Previous Member
  • 7 posts
Tobias,
I feel terrible dumb, but I am very new to joomla....

No worries here, we all started out 'new' to Joomla at one time!

Did you install the Grid template using the Quickstart package or install it over a standard Joomla install?

If you installed with Quickstart then there should be populated & enabled module positions called 'slide1, slide2, slide3 & slide4'. If you just installed the Grid template into a Joomla install then you'll need to do the following:

Create a new module from 'Module Manager'. The module position (left side of your screen) will default to 'Show Title = Yes', 'Enable = No' and 'Position = Left'. Now to put this new module into the bottom slider area, scan over the module position 'Left' and manually type in 'slide1'. Now enable this module (Enable = Yes) and set show title to No. When you have done this, type something in the bottom text area. Now, click onto the 'Save' icon (top right) and view your home page. In the first slider position should be the new module you just saves. Repeat this process with additional new modules and type in 'slider2, slider3 or slider 4' for the module positions.

Each bottom slider is designed to handle 4 modules per position. If you only publish 3, 2 or 1 modules the programming code will math the spacing for you so it looks good! Please let us know if this helps you out... If you need additional assistance, YELL!

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Ed,

thank you so much, now I understand the concept way more than before.
and,... I will yell for more assistance if needed, thank you again
  • Tobias Marx
  • Previous Member
  • 7 posts
Ed,
In have another question re: JBGrid.
I changed all the pictures in captify content, and now all the pics are all over,any idea why, I did not make any changes than switching the pics.

thanks

tobi
  • Tobias Marx
  • Previous Member
  • 7 posts
Hi Tobias,

How many pics do you have published now?
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
  • Tobias Marx
  • Previous Member
  • 7 posts
Tobias,

I've seen on a website I built what you are seeing. Don't have access to it anymore but I believe I changed the width ratio to 1.8 (play around with this +/-) and changed my 'count' to one more then what I wanted. When I get home from the 'day-job' I'll check the backup version I have on this site and post back the settings. Play-around with the width ratio and let me know how this helps or not...

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
ok,

It seemed as it was related to the sizes of the pictures.
I changed the set up for the captify module as follows:

in the module. under "Content Display Settings", changed "ordering of Content" to ~Default Ordering~

This seemed to do the job, even with different pic sizes.

thanks all for your help
  • Tobias Marx
  • Previous Member
  • 7 posts
Tobias,

Glad you got it figured out. The article image size should not cause the effect you were getting... the output image is controlled by the module settings! Anyways, seems as your good to go. Let us know if we can assist moving forward.

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers