Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Moments Documentation

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I am new to T3 & Zen, and having major trouble working out how to set up my front page layout, I have been trying with no success for 4 days now :(

I go to template manager and open moments, then go to layout, under Module positions I set the grids to be 3, ie 3 grids across the page, on every section. Then when I open my site it has 4 grid position not 3 as I selected. I have tried ready the T3 documentation but keep getting 502 Bad Gateway. So lost now.

If I narrow the browser it goes to 3 positions then 2 then to a single, as I expect.

After a 'fiddle' I have now ended up with only 2 positions as can be seen in the attachment, help pls
ScreenShot2013-09-23at12.00.15PM.png
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Have you tried tweaking the Home menu link options under the advanced settings?

The T3 site has been having issues with a server upgrade but any support for templates like this you would need to ask us :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years 7 months ago by manh.
Hi Paul,

thank you for your reply.

I think I'm having a bad day :( I Don't seem to able to find those settings, and it seems whatever I do in Template layout, makes no difference to the front end.

I wonder if I have inadvertently done something to screw it all up.

Luke
Hi

Can you get to this screen -
moments.jpg

this is via menu manager > main menu > Home menu Item (feature articles layout) > advanced options tab

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Luke,

Seems like the docuemntation for that has gone missing so it's not you - it's us.

Basically the front page is standard Joomla blog category content and the columns are controlled via the number of columns that you assign in the menu item settings.

So go to the menu manager and click on the home menu item. Then set the number of leading articles to 0. Set the number of intro articles to the number you want to display and then set the number of columns to the number of columns you want to be displayed at "normal" resolution - eg 960px.

That should help. Ill fix the docuementation now.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
ah thinking about this - which template style are you using for the layout as this screenshot above is assigned to the full width template style

moments-style.jpg
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul & Anthony

followed your first screenshot & instructions and yes thats how it is set, 3 columns. In template manager it is set to Fullwidth, but still stuck with 2 columns?

where was the last Screen shot from Paul?

regards

Luke
Hi Luke

thats from the home menu link - the first screen once you've clicked on the link to open it - its also the Joomla 3 version

You can assign a menu link both in the template assignment and in its menu link

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

I just rechecked everything, 3 columns in advanced option, but I get 4 now on the page. If I change columns to 2 I get 2, if I change it back to 3 I get 4?

Could there be something else I am missing? I just tried changing it to 5 and get 6? :S

regards

Luke
Can you attach a screenshot of your settings for the link?

The bits you've changed

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Morning Paul,

I have attached some screen shots,

As I said last night, I have it set to 3 Columns in Menu Manager, fullwidth style, but I get four Columns. It seems if I choose an odd number 1,3,5, for the amount of columns it automatically makes them an even number, 2,4,6 when displayed on the site.

I have also attached a shot of the template manager layout, where I have again set this for 3 grid positions, I am confused as to what actually controls what here layout wise. Did Anthony fix the documentation?

thank you for your help so far,

regards

Luke

Front page

4columns.jpg

Menu Manager Details

MenuAdvanced4columns.jpg

Menu Manager Advanced

MenuDetails4columns.jpg

Template Manager Layout

layout.jpg
Is the site live anywhere so I can take a look at the front end?

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Yes, its pass worded (offline) I will PM you with details now

regards

Luke
Hi Luke

If a site is private or we need to see inside a site we offer a ticket system - this is much better than sending me a pm as the whole Joomla Bamboo team can take a look and we all work different time zones

e.g. I'm in the UK but others are in Australia and Brazil

I'll create a ticket for you from the email

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Luke,

I've just created the ticket for you

You should be getting an email any second now

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers