Support Forum

• Page:

Two months at Joomla Bamboo - four new sites

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have been a member of Joomla Bamboo a little more than two months now, and I already set up four sites using Joomla Bamboo templates in these two months.

I made two multi-language sites for two Berlin houzes:

The Garden Guest Houze, a cosy and beautiful small hotel with guest rooms and apartments. I used the Strata template for this site - the clouds theme just seemed to fit perfectly for that one.

Club Culture Houze is quite a darker houze - a Berlin gay/straight fetish club. I thought that the dark look of the Folio Life template and its description (slightly edgy, after hours...) was perfect for this site. It is also making extensive use of the popup features of microblog.

I also set up two art-related sites that are available in German only:

Strassenmädchen (blaues Herz) is a literature project of two female writers. I used a quite minimalistic implementation of Newstream for this site.

Sascha Mersch is -last but not least- my private homepage as a musician, and when I saw the Grid 2 template I knew I wanted to use it on my site.

I really enjoy working with the great templates by Joomla Bamboo, and I am looking forward to future projects. Thank you so much for your brilliant work!

Cheers,
Sascha
  • Sascha
  • Free Extensions
  • 56 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Sascha.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
You've done a great job with all 4 sites. I really like the simplicity of the homepage of Strassenmädchen.

I also really like your design of the guest room pages on the Guest House site. The photos and spacing looks really nice. One suggestion I would make would be to make the titles clickable on the homepage microblogs.
  • Matt Hayashida
  • 105 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Sascha,

Each of these sites have enough Joomla Bamboo left in them to know where you started... but that is where it ends. Your design, layout and creative touch is dark without being black yet your use of white and empty space is simply stunning! Please keep us posted on any new work you craft... excellent work.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Hey Sascha,

Thanks so much for posting this :)

They all look great.

Prob worth mentioning the Club Culture site isnt quite safe for work. I dig what you have done with Grid and Newstream too.

Congrats.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers