Support Forum

• Page:

Zen Avanti for your perusal or critique.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there,

Here's my 90% complete website, using your lovely Zen Avanti template.

www.create-enable.com

I still have SEO to do, and I can't quite get my top menu arrows to stay still, but other than that, what you see is basically what will be live. I hope you like it, its my first go, and I love the simple template designs you create, so I will be upgrading to developer for my next site.

Anyway, I'd love your feedback, including any issues or problems you see. We only learn through our mistakes after all.

Thanks,

Bazza.
  • baz9969
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Nice and simple Bazza :) Good luck with the launch.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Bazza,

Very nice work with this site. It's clean, easy to read and navigate. Couple of things I'd recommend. In your source code the meta name="generator" is pointing to Joomla. You can customize this with the plugin called ByebyeGenerator

You also have some 404 pages. They are;

Contact Us links on the 'H2O - Creative Partnerships', 'CREATE / ENABLE Copywriting, Copyediting & Proofing', Website Design, Website Marketing (SEM/SEO), Pay Per Click (PPC), About Us, Price List pages. You'll want to point directly to your Contact Us page to loose these error pages. Lastly, your 'Price List' page is the only one without breadcrumbs.

Sorry to be a little nit-picky but these are errors that will drive potential customers/clients away from you... not to you!

Keep up the excellent work and let us know when you have another site launched.

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Thanks for the feedback, yep I missed the 404's, I changed a menu name, and it knocked of all the links. Also done the byebyegenerator as per your advice. Now back to SEO...oh the fun.
  • baz9969
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
Hi Baz,

Agree 100% with what Ed said, but in any Zen Grid template you can remove the Joomla! generator tag just by selecting that option in the template params:

scripts & extras > remove joomla metatag generator? > yes.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Seth,

Thanks for reminding me of this feature... keep forgetting about it. :ohmy:
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers