Support Forum

• Page:

Freshdisko.com: Site refresh using Newstream

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi all,

Have finally got the first drop of a site refresh online for www.freshdisko.com

We have used Newstream and various JB modules to get the first stage in place. Coming up are new custom headers for the various sections, improvements around module styling and some slight changes to the overall colour scheme.

I am still tossing up around the drop down log in box and registration links - from a usability standpoint I think it may be hard for prospective members to the site to find the relative links. That said I don't have an alternative solution in mind that best suits the minimal layout.

New content sections will be coming online over the coming months so please keep and eye on how the site changes and grows.

Any feedback and suggestions are welcome :)

Cheers
Simon
  • Simon Mainwaring
  • Previous Member
  • 18 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Looks great Simon.

Just tweeted it for you.

My only comment is that some of the images lose their quality either through the resizing or perhaps were not high res in the beginning. Otherwise its a nice implementation :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks for the tweet :)

Yeah the image quality is an issue, a lot of the older content is using very small images. I am going to go through the site slowly and hopefully update some of the more heavily trafficked pieces.

Moving forward I have set up new guidelines for image size and quality, hopefully this will then eliminate the issue.
  • Simon Mainwaring
  • Previous Member
  • 18 posts
Yeah thats certainly hard to control if you have multiple people uploading to the site :)

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers