Support Forum

• Page:

Double site with Zen

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Ok ...deep breath...after many months of mucking around, lots of reading and an enormous number of questions posted on this forum, all of which were answered in record time, I may add...so huge thumbs up at all the guys at Joomla Bamboo...

Here is my effort. It is my first Joomla site , so it was a steep learning curve for me as the site already existed constructed from Adobe GoLive. The challenge here is the sheer volume of different information to be organised over 2 sister sites.

1- the main school site
2- the student dance company site that works on an international level

Comments welcome,

the blog will eventually have quite a few students participating as well as admin, once we start back in September. the old blog will be accessible for a while for archive purposes.

1- www.limprimerie.ch
2- www.limprimerie.ch/bjg

still a bit of contents work to do in the Ballet Junior site like adding videos and more galleries, but that will be onging.

Sean

PS this goes to show how wonderful Joomla is and the pro feel of the Bamboo templates as I am no techie. Now all relevant staff can upgrade the contents instead of just me :silly:
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Sean.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Very nice.

I think you have done a great job, clean white and accesible. I like them a lot. Especially impressive as your first Joomla sites. Many tend to go totally overboard woth their initial sites, modules everywhere and way to much clutter.

2 things I would like to point out though (hoping to help);

1) The site description, which is set under the global configuration settings. This is the text that will appear in search engine listings: "Joomla! - le portail dynamique et système de gestion de contenu" It would be better to change this.

2) The page title "Welcome to the frontpage". Page titles are *very* important for SEO and they also appear in search engine results (the link text), so I would advise again that you change this. This is set under the menu item.main menu > home > parameters (advanced).

I hope you take these suggestions in the spirit they are intended. I am just trying to help. It wasn't that long ago I was building my first Joomla! site!
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Damn ! I've been meaning to change those for ages...many thanks for bringing that up.
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
I like the simplicity Sean. Ive got a design in mind that is similar to the second link :) Stripped back grid based photography gallery. It'll see the light of day one day.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
No problem Sean.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
look forward to seeing that new design Anthony
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hehe not sure when that will be :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers