Support Forum

• Page:

mootools vs jquery conflict

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

B"H
Hey guys! I've got a some mootools vs jquery conflict - i'm using a popup module - Modalizer but only fancy box open as a pop up all other types open in a new tab

look for the last link in the login
nitzotzot.net/new/index.php?option=com_c...ntpage&Itemid=53
thanks.
  • mshperling770
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

Looks like there are a few missing files on that page. Namely mootools.js nitzotzot.net/new/modules/mod_mini_moo_gallery/mini_moo_gallery/mootools.js

Thats actually a pretty old version of minimoo you are using as the latets version uses jQuery. Might be worth updating.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
B"H

Could you tell me what exactly should I do?
  • mshperling770
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
Either re-install minimoo, or just upload the file Anthony mentioned to that location.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Id go with using the latest version of the mod actually. Its goign to be a better module to work with than the older version.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
B"H

Hello again,
I've installed the mini moo galery mod but i don't see how it would help me since i need to display a web page and not an image. That is why i use modalizer www.nonumber.nl/extensions/modalizer. And it fits my needs the only thing is that just fancybox work by me and for some things i need shadowbox.

Maybe i didn't understand your advices but meanwhile i'm still stuck.

Thanks in advance.
  • mshperling770
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
Hey there,

The issue with the old version of minimoo was that for some reason the mootools version wasnt loading.

Ive just tried your site again and got this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/nitzotzot/domains/nitzotzot.net/public_html/new/modules/mod_klogin/tmpl/vertical.php on line 303

Looks like you might be working on it.

Let me kn ow when I can take a look again.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
B"H
alright! i stop, you can take it. the problem now remained only with the third link from the main top menu it still opens in the new tab.
  • mshperling770
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
Its working now for me. Perhaps you need to clear your cache? I tried it on safari and firefox.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
B"H

It is me again. I'm sorry to bother, but the problem is following:
this link third from left is supposed to open a web page of the shop, and to do that in shadowbox mode (look the look last link in the login module) for some reason when i use the same syntax as for this last login link - it opens it only in a new tab. but if use class="nn_fancybox" it is alright. Class="nn_shadowbox" opens a new tab though.
Now the weird thing that when i try to get to this shop through a custom module nitzotzot.net/new/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=53 (the picture with the cup on the right) it also doesn't work even though i use the same syntax as for the custom modules on the bottom of the page where it does work.
I can't figure what is the problem. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.
  • mshperling770
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
Hi you still have files missing that relate to minimoo2 but I think they are hardcoded into the template. This is on eof our oldest templates and doesnt follow the same logic that we would use today so in order to trouble shoot this can you do the following:

In the index.php remove or comment out the following lines. Im assuming that its a clash with one of the following scripts:
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->baseurl ?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template ?>/js/smoothscroll.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->baseurl ?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template ?>/slimbox/slimbox_ex_compressed.js"></script>
<script src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/modules/mod_mini_moo_gallery/mini_moo_gallery/mootools.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" ></script>
<script src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/modules/mod_mini_moo_gallery/mini_moo_gallery/SimpleSlide.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" ></script>
<style type="text/css" media="screen">@import "<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site; ?>/modules/mod_mini_moo_gallery/mini_moo_gallery/mini_moo_gallery.css";></style>
<style type="text/css" media="screen">@import "<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site; ?>/modules/mod_mooticker/mini_moo_gallery/mini_moo_gallery.css";></style>
<script src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/modules/mod_mooticker/mooticker/iCarousel.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" ></script>

You may have to do it one by one to see which is causing the issue. Im logging off now but if it doesnt work then please submit a ticket with ftp details and Ill take a look tomorrow. Also can you confirm that the same technique works in the default templates?

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers