Support Forum

• Page:

A New 'Grid'

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

Just a message to say my website updated with Grid theme is now online : laurentbuisson.fr

For admin : is it a problem if I put in text copyright to joomla bamboo and link in the bottom?

If yes I can put original one as picture.
  • Laurent BUISSON
  • Previous Member
  • 8 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Ed - nice work!

@laurent Sure thats fine to change the image to text :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thank Anthony! back at you... GREAT TEMPLATE and EXTENSIONS. Please forgive me but Grid is going to be hard to top!

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Hi, I want to hite that text too, but, can you tell me where exactly is that parameter..I can+t found it.
Thanks, Vili
  • Vili Ulcar
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 24 posts
Maybe one question to add - how do you make that pictures in articles have border...?
  • Vili Ulcar
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 24 posts
Hi Folks,

Just a reminder to create a new thread if the question or discussion doesnt fit the purpose of the thread. Reading through this post its a little all over the place :)

Villi can you repost your question in a new thread and let me know what text you mean? If its the Joomla Bamboo image then its in the templates index.php file.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Also just released an update for the captify moduel which removes the routine to require a sub folder - also fixes an issue with the category display.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Ed,

I am new working with the 'Grid" template and I am intrigued by your implementation. Can you shed some light on how you did this?

Thank you
Don
  • Scott Robinson
  • Previous Member
  • 2 posts
Don,

Please give me a few hours to detail how I presented the Grid template. Just finished a wine & cheese gathering with the neighbors and it seems that I enjoyed the wine far more then the cheese... Hang in there and I'll be more then happy to assist!

Ed
@edhathaway
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Don,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get this info into your hands... The way I created my front page was based on the template's QuickStart install. Once done, I opened up the Captify module and selected the 'banner' position and adjusted the module parameters to my specific needs. The key changes I made was setting the Count (number of images across) to 4 and the Image Resize Settings (Width to 234, Height to 158, Width ratio to 2 and the Height ratio to 1). In addition I set the Ordering of Content to 'Title Alphabetical'. Saved these settings and created a copy of this module. I changed this copy's name and the only change I made to the settings was the Ordering of Content to 'Title Alphabetical Reverse'. I published this module and placed it under the original Captify. Because I used the QuickStart content design, by changing the Ordering of Content settings of each Captify, the two modules should never display the same picture. Once this was done I installed the commercial version of 'JSN ImageShow PRO' and placed it into the banner position, set the width to 936px and the height to 158px and published/saved this module. I then positioned this module in-between the two Captify modules.

This is the 'nuts & bolts' of how I created my version of Grid. There will be far more 'stuff' I'll be doing with this template when time permits but for now, I have the base framework in place. If you need more specific instructions on setting up this template... ask!

Ed
@edhathaway
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Ed,

Thanks for the information. I am new with Joomla and love learning from others. I look forward to seeing your other changes/updates. I will let everyone know if I have other questions.

Thanks,
Don
  • Scott Robinson
  • Previous Member
  • 2 posts
Hi,

My wife is scrap-booking and I created a site for her using the Grid template.
www.album-keszites.hu
Thanks for the great template!

Regards,
Szabolcs
  • Szabolcs Bársony
  • Previous Member
  • 5 posts
Szabolcs,

Site look great (even if my Hungarian is a little rusty :lol: ). Like your use of the JB extensions and Phoca Gallery. They match-up well together.

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers