Support Forum

• Page:

Pre-Developer Question

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey guys,

I'm in love with your templates, and you have solid, quick support.

I have a re-branding question, though.

As a member of YooTheme, they offer documentation on how to rename templates through the template XML file. I understand that Joomla Bamboo has the ability to remove the footer branding, but do you offer support on how to rename the template so that when someone views source, the templates directory name does not show?

eg: Renaming /templates/JBFullscreen to /templates/CustomName

This is quite important from a developer standpoint as anyone with some knowledge of websites could simply view source to tell if you're using a template. This also poses a security risk as they could easily (if they wanted), register to JB and find any changelog history detailing issues with the template that you're using. I always remove any indication that I'm using Joomla in my source output due to it being an open-source platform.
  • imaginemonkey
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 13 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

Sure thing.

The main thing is doing a search replace through the templateDetails.xml file of the template name. Fields like the social icons have the template folder name so they need to be changed to suit the new template folder name.

Let me know if this helps.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Ah, okay - well I'm not planning on doing it unless I pay for a support plan - I'm currently basic.

I was just wondering if you might be able to build this into the template configuration area. Or write up some detailed documentation for it - as well as advertise this option. I think it's pretty important for security reasons (aside from masking the name)
  • imaginemonkey
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 13 posts
Last Edit: 11 years 6 months ago by imaginemonkey.
Hi,

So sorry I missed this.

The only thing hardcoded in the template is some of the paths to the images in the template xml. Once you change them from jbascent to yournewtemplatename then it should function just fine.

The yournewtemplatename bit needs to match the folder name that the template is sitting in.

Hope that helps.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers