Support Forum

• Page:

Using absolute positioning with JB templates

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, I am new to JB and have a question regarding the use of absolute positioning to customize certain design elements or whatever...I looked at the template_css.css file for Zen Grid (I'm understanding this is the best template to use to create my own designs) and I did not see position: relative on any of the wrap elements.

I'd rather not experiment by adding it, and find out later - bad move, so I thought I would just ask. With the JB templates, what is the best practice to incorporate additional absolutely positioned elements in the templates, I tried to search in the forum but all questions I saw were too specific for my need, Thank you so much for your help in learning this system! Carin
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Carin,

Usually there isnt any issue with this but one of the reasons why I havent included it on every div is because IE7 can sometimes have issues with assigning a position to the div. So you are always pretty safe to add it yourself its just a matter of cross checking the browsers to see any adverse affects.

Let us know how you get on.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Actually sorry I stand corrected. The core framework has position:relative set to most of the major divs - check out the goup starting with: /* @group General Wraps and padding */ in the template_css.css file.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thank you, I took the plunge and it worked perfectly!, Carin
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Welcome Carin :)
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers