Support Forum

• Page:

Grid tweaks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

i have two questions:

1. i placed a search module in the upper right, as it is in Sketch. But the input field is still white and ugly. How can i make it look like the one in Sketch?

2. In InternetExplorer the captify titles on the pictures are slightly offset. How can i put them back?

link www.cpavel.ro

Thanks and a happy new year
  • Constantin
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 10 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Constantin,

Regarding your 'search' question, give this a try...

Copy all the code in the following headers of the Sketch 'template_css.css file

/*
Search
*/

/*
Search Overrides
*/

place this copied code to the very end of your Grid 'template.css' file.

Copy the mod_search (/templates/html) folder and paste it into your Grid install (/templates/html) folder. Make sure you RENAME the Grid mod_search folder to something else... just in case something goes wrong and you need to return back to normal.

Copy the image 'searchBG.png' from the Sketch theme (/templates/images) and paste in into the Grid theme (/templates/images).

By following the above instructions you'll get the same look and feel of the Sketch search bar within the Grid theme.

I'm unable to answer your other question at this point in time. I'll look at it in further detail later this PM unless one of the other Mods don't jump in before I am able to get back.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Hi Constantin,

It depends what version of IE is giving the problem. You can probably fix it by copying this rule from captify css to the appropriate ie css (ie6.css, or ie7.css), then tweaking the padding:

#captifyContent div.caption-top, #captifyContent div.caption-bottom {
-moz-background-clip:border;
-moz-background-inline-policy:continuous;
-moz-background-origin:padding;
background:#000000 none repeat scroll 0 0;
border:0 solid #334143;
color:#FFFFFF;
font-family:arial;
font-size:12px;
padding:0.6em 1.2em;
}

I don't have IE on this machine, so I can't check now.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

the new search field works and looks great. Problem solved.

About internet explorer, (the code you sent didn't worked) it seems that all versions, ie6 to ie8 are displaying the black strip 4-5 pixels higher. (in ie6 it's a mess actually).

But i just checked the demo on your server in ie8 and the same thing. If there's no easy fix, or you plan on releasing a Grid2, it can wait. it's not that bad.

all the best.
  • Constantin
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 10 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers