Support Forum

• Page:

Pretty Box Gallery Layout

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

What files do I need to edit so that Pretty Box thumbnails display in 3 columns instead of 2? Please see www.tropicallifestyle.com/Captify-Content/sunreef-power-catamaran-sea-bass.html Thanks! Jeff
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Jeff,

Wow that site is really coming together!

I think the margin in the prettyBox module is pushing the images apart. Try setting the right margin to around 10px - that should get it going for you.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hey Anthony,

I appreciate the compliment, but owe it all to your awesome Grid design and incredible modules and plugins. Haven't had the time to work on it much, but can certainly envision the potential due to your incredible design & joomla wizardry. Your Joomla Template Designs and extensions are the best I have ever seen and I have looked at a lot... Next few weeks I should be able to make some real progress on the site. I will play around with the margins and see if that does the trick. I am also indecisive whether to use your PrettyBox or Recent Portraits Galleries within the content articles. What is your opinion?

PrettyBox: www.tropicallifestyle.com/Captify-Content/icon-a5-amphibious-plane.html
Recent Portraits: www.tropicallifestyle.com/Captify-Content/fernando-de-noronha-brazils-secret.html
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
Ahhh... just figured out that they are both variations of mod_prettybox. Playing around with the margins now. Guess I should restate my question. Do you think the gallery looks better with larger thumbs or smaller? Also I noticed that with the PrettyBox Gallery that the thumbs do not highlight on mouseover. With the Recent Portraits they highlight. is this something in the mod_prettybox parameters or did you add the highlight somewhere else? Not that important now that I have identified the differences, just curious. Still learning the capabilities that you included with Grid. Thanks for everything!
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
site looks fantastic mate!
makes me want to buy one :lol:
  • Ben Carter
  • Previous Member
  • 160 posts
Hey Jeff,

Thats actually an undocumented function that got missed somehow. Basically if you set the prettybox module to have the id of 2 it will give you the fade effect on hover. Obviously if you want to have multiple galleries on the page that have different settings you cant use the same id so you will need to go to find the following code:
	jQuery(".prettydiv2 img").fadeTo("slow", 1.0); // This sets the opacity of the thumbs to fade down to 60% when the page loads

jQuery(".prettydiv2 img").hover(function(){
		jQuery(this).fadeTo("slow", 0.6); // This should set the opacity to 100% on hover
	},function(){
   		jQuery(this).fadeTo("slow", 1.0); // This should set the opacity back to 60% on mouseout
	});

and then add the new id like this:
	jQuery(".prettydiv2 img,.prettydiv1 img").fadeTo("slow", 1.0); // This sets the opacity of the thumbs to fade down to 60% when the page loads

jQuery(".prettydiv2 img,.prettydiv1 img").hover(function(){
		jQuery(this).fadeTo("slow", 0.6); // This should set the opacity to 100% on hover
	},function(){
   		jQuery(this).fadeTo("slow", 1.0); // This should set the opacity back to 60% on mouseout
	});

re: image sizes thats pretty personal I think but I tend to like 4 images across with this theme.

Hope this helps and thanks for your kind words :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
You Rock! Looking forward to getting the site put together and singing your praises. It's amazing though. I like what you have done with Grid so much that I'm not going to change much of anything which is a very rare thing for me. Grateful that I found someone with your talent. Thanks again!
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
Hey Ben, Thank you very much for your words of encouragement. All credit goes to Anthony and Joomla Bamboo for kicking ass.
  • Jeff Thomas
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
Your Welcome mate!

I second you mate, JB is amazing. I think I'm in love :kiss:

All the best with your site, it will kick arse.
  • Ben Carter
  • Previous Member
  • 160 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers