Support Forum

• Page:

Sneak Peak at July Template - Grid

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey folks thought I would post a snapshot of the July Template tentatively called Grid.

www.joomlabamboo.com/grid.jpg

Its going to be a lot more flexible than what you see here but its one idea for a folio/gallery front page using prettyBox.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Should be interesting ,

from an artists point of view, having a template that displays a vast range of artwork that can be opened in prettyphoto as soon as they hit your site works for me. Artists dont create with words, they create and express through images.

From a viewers point of view this allows them immediately decide whether they identify or not with the artists visual message or intention.

Room for a centred description beneath enlarged image (ie Diagnose This! Tissue paper, crayon, indian ink, acrylic on masonite board 900mm x 1200mm created Outsiders Art Studio, Powerhouse, Brisbane 2005) in Prettyphoto with an ability to link to a blog describing its steps in creating it would be my ideal world.... lol

I can only wish!

Nice job, can see it as my frontpage in a months time with Elevate2 as my superblog....:laugh:
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Thanks Craig - prettyBox will be able to add those details for you as per the way it works now.

Im toying with adding tooltips etc for a description or title.

Ill keep fiddling away with it.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony wrote>>>>prettyBox will be able to add those details for you as per the way it works now.

Yeh? I might b havin a blank moment here, but when I enter my artworks description how do I set a link within the description text in prettyphoto lightbox?

Tooltip idea with the ability to link from that would be even better......

Cheers;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Hey Craig - check this page out:

showcase.joomlabamboo.com/jan09/features/prettybox

Its all in the name ...
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
"Hangs his head in shame"

I have been using a different style of prettybox for so long with a tinymce editor I have forgotten how to think.

Blank moment gone, understand, DOH! :blush:
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
No probs mate - its good to know what info is evident and whats not. The new site will have a doc system improved by perhaps 1000% :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Not many Joomla template providers have organised doc systems. Without it there is little ability for self help so the forum gets filled up quickly with questions an efficient doc system could quickly solve for them....I know you know this and are on to it.....

I can remember the time when I didnt even know how to simply change my username and password in users. I googled for answers and actually found out how to do it by PHPadmin instead of the simple,efficient way. Being that new, you google everything hoping some other poor bastard is having the same problem.

You cant go past an organised and efficient doc system. JoomlaBamboo has one of the best template designs and service is A1, with your new doc system.............. cant wait!

Should cut down massively on your current forum support questions..... and free you up a bit set new boundries and of course spend some time with your wife and kids lol
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Great work Anthony,
you keep mixing up really well.

All the best with the process mate, I always look forward to your next release!
  • Ben Carter
  • Previous Member
  • 160 posts
Thanks Ben :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Love the look of this as I do all of your templates! Is there a projected release date?

I wonder if you think its worth including Joomla 1.5.11 instead of the latest Joomla 1.5.12 in the Quickstart? I've been looking for solutions to the problems with not being able to save, and the editor buttons not showing up in this version since it came out. Not sure if you've found a solution to this or not?
  • John Smulo
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 33 posts
John,

What 'editor' buttons are you having issues with in Joomla 1.5.12?

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Hi Ed,

Actually all of them. They don't show up no matter what editor I'm using. Also, I'm not able to save any work I put in even using html only.

See for example all of the different threads in the Joomla Forum here http://forum.joomla.org/results.php?cx=007628682600509520926%3Ahigrppcfurc&cof=FORID%3A9&sa.x=0&sa.y=0&q=saving+not+working+in+1.5.12#1272

Are you not having any problems with 1.5.12?
  • John Smulo
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 33 posts
Hi John,

Is it browser specific? I often have issues in safari and have noticed something similar - dont recall if it was 1.5.12 though.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Unfortunately its not browser specific in this case. It doesn't work in Firefox, IE, Safari, or Chrome. I've tried all of them. I'm using the newest editions of all, so maybe it works in something earlier. It seems to be partly because of an update in 1.5.12 with tinyMCE, though I've tried using JoomlaFCK and JCE--including the latest 1.5.4 that a few seem to have overcome this with--and it hasn't helped.

It is the worst kind of problem because it has stripped text code and all images out of two of my client sites that I first updated with the newest version of Joomla and there isn't a solution I've found yet to saving the text or images that were lost.
  • John Smulo
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 33 posts
Oh BTW im hoping the theme will be released today.

I did see somethign about editor buttons in the joomla.org release notes for j1.5.12 - might be a different issue though.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Great news about the release. Can't wait to see live!

If you see anything about a solution for 1.5.12 please let me know. I've read everything I could find over the last handful of days without any success.
  • John Smulo
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 33 posts
Will do John - hopefully template will be out in a few hours.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony,

It looks great. For some reason I can't get to club downloads. Can you please look if something is wrong?

Thanks.
  • John Smulo
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 33 posts
Hey John,

Thanks :) I just checked your subscription and it expired on 2009-03-21. Let me know if this system has got it wrong.

Thansk Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers