Support Forum

• Page:

Zen Grid Framework v2.2.0 - logo display bug (?)

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

Installed Zen Grid Framework (v2.2.0) last night and the upgrade went as smooth as I would expect. I'm over the moon with the new additions to the framework. :)

I did however notice a little anomaly this morning when I take a site offline (see attached screenshot). The issue appears to be with the framework logo functionality

The site I am currently working on does not make use of a logo so I have "no logo" selected in framework admin and I don't have a file path entered (as you would expect). This seems to be causing the issue.

For experimentation purposes I uploaded a small test logo. When I selected this logo from framework admin > logo image (then selecting the logo from my uploaded media), this displayed on the offline page and rectified the issue (the logo now displays in place of broken image link). Note that I still have the "logo position" = "no logo" selected from framework admin.

I've experimented in IE6 (yeah, I know!) IE7/8/9 Safari/Chrome/Firefox (latest versions on Mac & PC) and the only browser not to show a broken image link is Firefox (Firefox show the name of the site instead).

If I go back into framework admin, clear the file path pointing to my uploaded logo and then select apply, the framework admin logo file path is defaulting to "tempLogo.png". The tempLogo.png file doesn't exist (unless uploaded) and would need to be sitting at root level in order to display, hence the broken image link in the aforementioned browsers.

As far as I can ascertain, this behavior differs from the previous version of the framework - 2.1.6 (though I could be wrong) and may be a "feature" not a bug ;)

Best regards
John
Attachments:
  • aoimedia
  • 12 Month basic
  • 25 posts
Last Edit: 12 years 1 month ago by aoimedia.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Thanks man!

Ill fix that issue this morning :)

Cheers.

+1 week :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: aoimedia
Thanks very much Anthony. Seriously appreciated. :)

John
  • aoimedia
  • 12 Month basic
  • 25 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers