Support Forum

About Joomlabamboo ...

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

This is very good news and a great relief to all JoomlaBamboo members. We hope the existing JB support staff will continue to be involved as they, together with great products, are the main reasons why members have remained loyal.

We would prefer to see the ticket system continue even if it is has to be charged as a premium feature. Members may wish, at times, to retain the privacy of their clients, or themselves, when asking for assistance. This is where the ticket system comes into its own or when particularly complicated problems need to be solved.

We look forward to seeing how things develop over the next few weeks.
  • Brian
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 40 posts
  • 10 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arvind Chauhan, manh, Lorenzo
thanks Andrew
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Brian - I'll pass on your comments if Arvind doesn't pick them up
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Brian,

The existing JB support staff would be working with Paulo and we have only Paul from the earlier team. In a day or two I would be adding one of our experienced support team member (currently handles the Gavick support).

The ticket system will happen but it would take time. We are currently testing our new subscription and support system to integrate billing and support for all the clubs.

It is not practical to maintain multiple scripts across various sites . We have Kunena on JomSocial, phpBB on gavick, bbpress on joomlart, easydiscuss on ijoomla and Kunena (1.5) on joomlabamboo. Not to mention the subscription extensions.

The upcoming system does have inbuilt ticket systems and we would be making it available as a premium option, say for developers and above. Forums are user-generated data and allow community building and are easy to search, decreases the support load and makes auditing a breeze.
  • Arvind Chauhan
  • 15 posts
  • 13 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew, blueshift, iafdesign, Lorenzo
Hello,
thank you for this great news, I hope that the spirit and unique style of Joomlabamboo will persist for a long time ... :whistle:
I agree with Brian and Blueshift about the system ticket which in my opinion should remain (as a premium feature).

Also, I'm waiting to see new subscriptions & pricing plans ...

Thank you for giving a new start to Joomlabamboo and keep us informed for all these new changes :)

Lorenzo

PS: ... Robert left the support team?
  • Lorenzo
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 369 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Lorenzo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew, manh, Brian
Hi Lorenzo,

Rob officially left last summer but has been helping me to fix server problems and complicated bugs/tickets

Rob largely works for a UK design agency but you never know he may come back at some point :)

He built the maps2 module so he is a real expert in this module - I might pick his brain on the kml question

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew, Lorenzo
Thank you Arvind for your reply. I can understand completely that you need to integrate the various strands of the business and that this will take time. Good to know that a ticket system will be available. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Paul: I too had not realised that Rob is not currently part of the official support team. It would be good if he did come back on board at some point. Maps2 is a very good module.

Brian
  • Brian
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 40 posts
  • 10 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arvind Chauhan, Andrew
Thanks Brian

Rob is quite in demand at the moment but I'd love to see him helping out in the future

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Just in case anybody missed this blog post

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/about-the-club/new-pricing-plans-and-benefits-for-current-members
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers