Support Forum

• Page:

jtweet issues

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Nice module. Just a few suggestions:

1. add the ability to select X number of tweets but displaying Y (e.g. 1), and enabling navigation to go next/previous (or play/pause, I suppose might be cool).

2. If selecting and displaying only one tweet, the dashed separator line isn't required.

3. If I have the popup thing enabled all I get is an empty non-interactive white box at the bottom left of the footer.

4. If I select "hide if empty" for the module, the tweet disappears but the empty white box from the popup feature stays.

5. I mentioned this in another posting, but with the slideshow controls enabled in the Focus template I get some odd mirrored control icons next to the tweets.

Thanks!

jtweet-errors.png
  • indevox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 37 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Thanks for your feedback.

1. We won't be implementing pagination or slideshow with this module. Its a good idea but beyond what I want to do with it really.

2. Yes thats a good point. Added to our tracker.

3. I think that may be related to the Focus template. Is your site live so I can see whats happening?

4. Thats odd. Is that with the nonumber extension manager?

5. Yes thats a sprite issue related to the Focus template.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
1. completely understand. there are probably other extensions out there if I absolutely need it.

2. the dashed line went away when I disabled the jtweet css. Looks like the sprite issue and box went away too.

3. in progress at reincrastination.com/sk_j15/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=92&Itemid=1

4. I hadn't thought of that but I guess it could be.

5. alrighty. well, seems to be resolved if the css is disabled, which is fine for my uses.

Thanks.
  • indevox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 37 posts
So, all these issues are resolved now right?
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
I think there was one item Anthony put on the "fix list," but yeah can consider this closed from my perspective.

Thanks much.
  • indevox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 37 posts
Last Edit: 12 years 6 months ago by indevox. Reason: duh, wrong name
B) Thanks for confirming
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Actually, there was one low priority question/request I did have.

It seems if you display the avatar (in all three themes provided), the tweet string is placed left-aligned with/under the avatar, while the source string is aligned top with the avatar and is placed to the right.

Everytime I look at that I wish the tweet was aligned under the source to the right of the avatar. This makes the footer a bit taller than it needs to be, plus, at least for me, it looks distracting.

Where would one look and what would the strategy be for making that tweak?

Thanks.

tweet-tweak1.png
  • indevox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 37 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers