Support Forum

• Page:

jTweet - Adding certain twitter users causes error

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Guys, we recently added jTweet to our site and love it. Our site is www.readthecoverage.com

The site is devoted to college football teams and the coverage of them. There is a page for each division 1 college football team and each of these pages has a unique jTweet module that shows the tweeters that follow that team.

The problem we are running into is that occasionally we add a new tweeter to follow and that breaks the module (i.e. the module immediately stops showing anything). As soon as we take that twitter name out of the list everything works perfectly.

This only happens with a few twitter accounts; but we have checked with the users and they don't have any sort of private blocks on their account (in fact nearly everyone of them is a newspaper columnist). For example, if we add the twitter user: ajcuga (which is the Atlanta Journal Constitutions' Univ. of Georgia feed) it breaks our module.

Any ideas?
  • rtc
  • Free Extensions
  • 8 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 9 months ago by rtc.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey there,

I'm not entirely certain that this may be the problem but there is a limit to how many characters you can add to a search query with twitters search api.
If you view the xhr response in firebug you should be able to see the error.
If you log me a support ticket with some Joomla details I could test this for you.

Cheers,
Jason
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Jason, I'm sure you hate hearing this; but I'm not real technical. I don't believe it's a character limit issue because I can add plenty of other twitterers to the module without breaking it; but whenever I add certain ones it causes the module to return nothing.

Honestly, I have no idea what xhr is.

Any other thoughts?

Thank you
  • rtc
  • Free Extensions
  • 8 posts
Hey :)

Sorry about that. xhr is the ajax requests and responses from your site. No need to know this really.
Anyway, if I can see the site when jTweet is broken I will have a good idea of what is going on.
Let me know if you can log a support ticket. You could also copy the instance of the jTweet module and pulish it only to a test page. We could work with that.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers