Support Forum

• Page:

Jtweet: only one module per page?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

First I would like to say thanks for making this module and for making it free. I really appreciate it.

I have two questions:
First - I can't seem to get the Twitter Query function to work at all. I put in broad words like "PS3" and I even tried "#PS3" but nothing shows results.

Second - I made a few different copies of the module and I use an extension that lets me display modules in articles. When I have more than one Jtweet module on the same page they all display the same information. I guess this is conflicting with the Jquery plugin? Is it possible to display more than one Jtweet on the same page?

clouds.signongaming.com This is my example site. You can click the article titles for the additional mods.

Originally I had [# Intro: 3] so it would show the leading article and the 3 columns underneath would be for the three systems, but it's just not working out. I had to make them just display individual links to each module but it still won't show queries. Thanks for your help in advance! :laugh:
  • Steve
  • Free Extensions
  • 3 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Steve,

To answer your first question, make sure you select 'Twitter Query' in the 'Display your tweets or query?' option. Then type in your specific keyword in the 'Twitter Query' box. By doing this only tweets using your query keyword will show up. I just did this using PS3 as my query and received a host of tweets specific to PS3.

As far as your second question, I'm going to leave it to the programming experts.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Thanks for the quick response. I currently have this copy set as "#PS3" and I made sure to select query instead of user in the settings. Nothing seems to show up. Take a look:

http://signongaming.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66:jtweet-ps3&catid=52:twitter-clouds&Itemid=94

edit: I changed it from "#PS3" to "PS3" and it seems to work. :D oops. Thanks for your help.

My other question is still up in the air. :cheer: How can I use multiple copies on a single page?

update: When I have more than one copy of the module on a page, they both combine content and they both show the same content. It's weird, and I don't know if this is fixable.:ohmy:
Attachments:
  • Steve
  • Free Extensions
  • 3 posts
Hey Steve,

In the current JTweet module we do not have the ability to load two modules on the same page. In the next version, out soon, we will have this capability.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Sounds great! Thanks Jason.
  • Steve
  • Free Extensions
  • 3 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers