Support Forum

• Page:

HTML gets stripped - description marker fields

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi all,

I'm using jbmaps within a fresh install of intrepid template. It's not possible to add any html within the custom "description for marker" fields. After saving everything is gone. I turned of all text-filters in joomla and in JCE Editor, for if that matters. Right now, I've just modified the mod_jbmaps.php and added some tags there to custom style the marker title & text. But I still want to ad at least links and breaks within the fields. I might also solve it by modifing the $htmls preg_replace function within the php file, but unfortunately I'm not into php too much.

any help is very much appreciated
Christoph
  • Christoph Prenosil
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 19 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,
I have just had a look at the module. It's not actually the php file which is stripping the tags but the way joomla handles textarea inputs.

If you open the modules xml file. Look for the title and description params (there are 2 sets, 1 for 1.5 and one for 2.5) and add the following into each input
filter="raw"

eg
<param name="title1" type="text" default="" label="Title for first marker" description="Enter plain text or html here for a title on the marker." filter="raw" />
        <param name="html1" type="textarea" cols="30" rows="5" default="" label="Description for first marker" description="Enter plain text or html here for a description on the marker." filter="raw"/>
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Last Edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Robert Went. Reason: typo
great, problem solved - thanks for your incredible instant support. Very glad to have you.
  • Christoph Prenosil
  • 19 posts
No problem!

I'll let Anthony know when he comes online so we can add it to the module.
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Thanks just uploaded the fix and added a week to your sub for helping spot the bug :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers