Support Forum

• Page:

Superfish/prettybox problem in Organica

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello there,

I noticed that my superfish menu are not doing the superfish job anymore since I published a prettybox module on the same page.

Have a look at www.whospa.net in the Services/Health menu. When you go into one of the submenu on the left, all the submenus seems open-frozen, instead of folding back. If I remove the prettybox module, it all works well like in the Services/Education menu.

Also the mod_jb_maps doe nor work any more since I relocated the site to its final home. I read in the forum that it is a PHP4/5 issue, correct? If my web host cannot change to PHP5, what are my options?

Any ideas.

Thanks a lot,

Patrick
  • celka
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 45 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Not here to give any advice, just wanted to say I like what you have done with it !!
  • tornado
  • 12 Month basic
  • 139 posts
Hey Patrick

I think problem on the page and the whole site is that you have two version of jQuery loading.
In the superfish module menu try disabling jQuery from loading if it is an option.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Tornado,
It took some time... but I am almost there.
Thanks.
  • celka
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 45 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 9 months ago by celka.
Jason,

I will try this. I had this issue in the past with other extensions as well.

How about google map?

Pat
  • celka
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 45 posts
Hi Pat,

I just checked your site. Are you still having issues with google maps?

Also you have some very large images ont he site - 2.3 and 2 mbs. Prob best to try and optimise them a bit more so you can decrease the loadtime.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
yes google map is not working on the host. it was working on my machine, so i think it has to do with the host softwares such as php.

Yes the background image is heavy... I will try to keep the quality of this image and reduce the size ;)

pat
  • celka
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 45 posts
Anthony,

I also noticed that the lightbox is not working on my prettybox module. Does this also has to do with multiple jQuery on subpage? I could never get prettyslider working neither, so i switched to prettybox which at least displayed the images.

pat
  • celka
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 45 posts
Yes all of those issues will be related to having two instances of jQuery loading on the page. Best to just use the JB LIbrary to load jQuery and remove all others.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Selka,

Yes... I like the large size and the fact that your using the whole space, only issue I had with it is what Anthony pointed out on large file sizes, "Meaning it took a while to load for me" If you would like some help with that, I have some good tools available to me. You could send me your images, and I will try reducing or optimizing them for you.

Just a thought
  • tornado
  • 12 Month basic
  • 139 posts
Anthony Olsen wrote:
Yes all of those issues will be related to having two instances of jQuery loading on the page. Best to just use the JB LIbrary to load jQuery and remove all others.

Thanks Anthony

All is good for the jQuery stuffs now.

Thanks
  • celka
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 45 posts
tornado wrote:
Selka,

Yes... I like the large size and the fact that your using the whole space, only issue I had with it is what Anthony pointed out on large file sizes, "Meaning it took a while to load for me" If you would like some help with that, I have some good tools available to me. You could send me your images, and I will try reducing or optimizing them for you.

Just a thought

Dear Tornado,

I fixed the problem: I exported my images in jpeg, thus loosing the transparency but it does not matter for the backgrounds and the images at the front page anyway.

Many thanks to offer me help, nice to see that people can help each other sometimes hey..

Pat
  • celka
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 45 posts
Anthony Olsen wrote:
Hi Pat,

I just checked your site. Are you still having issues with google maps?

Also you have some very large images ont he site - 2.3 and 2 mbs. Prob best to try and optimise them a bit more so you can decrease the loadtime.

Cheers Anthony

I changed to php5 and it did fixed the google map problem.

Pat
  • celka
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 45 posts
Thanks fr letting us know Pat. That is a good one too keep in mind for the future. Didn't think the php version affected the GMaps before.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers