Support Forum

• Page:

How to link Map with Joomla menue Item

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

hi

i installed map module
added values
Now How to link Map with Joomla menue Item

thanks
  • chaudhary
  • Free Extensions
  • 1 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
chaudhary,

Since JB Map is a module, you can't link it directly to a menu. There are two way to get it to show when a menu item is clicked.

1) Associate the module to a menu from JB Map module settings. This is located on the bottom left within the module.

2) You can assign this module a 'special' module position (such as jbmap). Now save your module and now create a new article and place this plugin code inside you article... {loadposition jbmap). This will show this module inside an article and now you can associate this article to a standard Joomla layout menu.

Let us know how you get along with this and if you run into any issues... YELL!

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Note to lazy users as me that will copy&paste the 'special' module position {loadposition jbmap). The closing bracket should be } not ) . Took me 15 minutes to realize :blush:

It vworks perfect now!

Thank you Ed!
  • pakito1972
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 16 posts
Well spotted, but you will often see intentional typos in order to prevent code from being executed. Because then you won't see the code, just the result.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers